Richard Jose: Magic Pockets - (26:14)
Andrew Hutchings Interview - (29:15)
The Great And Powerful Oz - (100:00)
Top Ten Things At CGE 2014 - (100:53)
Gaming Trivia - (214:31)
Turrican Intro - (216:25)
Live News And Listener Views - (220:25)
URLs And EMails - (234:34)

See the shownotes page (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2014/roundup079_2014.09.php). Donate (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/donate.php) to the show.

Join our Facebook Group (<a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/RetroGamingRoundup/121368478521). Podcatch via the show’s RSS Feed (http://retrogamingroundup.libsyn.com/rss).

Read the Live News chat log (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2014/roundup079_chat.php).

Stream the show 24/7 (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/247).

Burgertime
01-10-14, 01:02
I really need to hear that top ten!

Sleepyeyed
01-10-14, 04:34
The top ten was great and number one brought a tear to my eye. Well, not really, but it was still nice dammit. The live news was more live than news really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Burgertime
02-10-14, 02:14
Usually Scott is channeling Alex Jones.
This time he channels Bill O'Reilly and his famous "We'll do it live!" rant. ;)

gavv
02-10-14, 01:37
The top ten was pretty good, though i agreed more with SoCal about the placement of the Inty Flashback :) My 'honorable mention' would be: Awesome awesome display of playable handhelds in the arcade - totally unique opportunity you'll never get anywhere else .

One oddball question: Was the Twister pinball that was in the arcade the same one that a local vegas owner brought out the Pawn Stars guys to look at in a very recent episode? :)

gavv

rickreynolds
02-10-14, 01:54
I wondered why it was a bit short, got to the end and ... Oh...

Jerky
02-10-14, 01:59
I haven't listened to this month's show yet. But I usually check out the news links first. I thought that UK forgot to update the site. A day goes by, no change. So I check out the chat log. SoCal didn't show up again? Uh-oh! I had to listen to the end of the show first to hear what was up. Surf Dogs?!? Jesus...

Maybe you should invite Diane Sower(sp?) to do the news next month...

Tricky X
07-10-14, 06:01
Only four hours? I demand my news! Somebody call the police, I got robbed!

RFWarrior
07-10-14, 06:46
Sorry I had to miss CGE guys, my company merged with a big company on the E coast so I've been on the road way too much.

News was... Well ya know. News is my favorite part of the show as this is where I get caught up with all the cool retro news and things. I can understand the frustration, hope things get sorted out.

Peace,

RFWarrior

indieseoul
08-10-14, 01:00
I really hope the live news returns next month. It's usually a lot of fun for us die hard RGR fans.

Gordon Bennett
08-10-14, 07:19
Seems that it was a media event of global importance.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/picture-annual-dog-surfing-event-gets-under-way-1-3557615

SubaruBrat
08-10-14, 11:58
Don't worry guys, the Live News and Listener Views is alive and well and will return next show with some upgrades! Socal has resigned as co-host but may continue as a top-ten participant.

drich255
08-10-14, 04:33
Don't worry guys, the Live News and Listener Views is alive and well and will return next show with some upgrades! Socal has resigned as co-host but may continue as a top-ten participant.

No joke? Well that sucks, but I wish the best for SoCal and hope that he does continue with the top-ten.

SubaruBrat
08-10-14, 04:45
Yes, and don't read too much into it everyone, socal just has other priorities and we have to remember he was a founding member and gave us 4 years of his time.

RFWarrior
08-10-14, 05:25
It's all good holmes. SoCal is a good dude, and you guys all rock for putting so much time into the hobby and the FREE show. Keep up the excellent work. I would suggest a "Live Rant" section be added to the show, it was enjoyable. I can't wait for the sound bites from this show for years to come...

RFWarrior

Chris++
08-10-14, 08:32
It's all good holmes. SoCal is a good dude, and you guys all rock for putting so much time into the hobby and the FREE show. Keep up the excellent work. I would suggest a "Live Rant" section be added to the show, it was enjoyable. I can't wait for the sound bites from this show for years to come...

RFWarrior

Seconded. You three have worked very hard for several years, the show still rocks, and to top it off, you rescued CGE. Best of luck to Mike, and I hope he continues to be some part of the RGR Empire.

Whenever I listen to a different podcast -- one of those in which the host doesn't know how to mic himself, and he rambles at a blah tone while his saliva crackles in my ears through the headphones, and he doesn't actually come around to a point or any insight -- I re-listen to an older RGR episode while I'm awaiting the new one, and I think, "Ah! Finally, back to guys who know what they're doing!" It's like coming home. A corny sentiment, maybe, but you're not taken for granted.

Vipp
08-10-14, 08:48
Yes, and don't read too much into it everyone, socal just has other priorities and we have to remember he was a founding member and gave us 4 years of his time.

:( I knew something wasn't right.

eldphm
08-10-14, 08:59

Hope to hear a lot from him later. I think most of us at some point of our lives have let something go because we had so much to do that we couldn't do all of it, even if we wanted.

Tricky X
09-10-14, 06:37

Sleepyeyed
09-10-14, 06:57
Sad to see SoCal go, I just hope there isn't any bad blood.

Burgertime
09-10-14, 07:33
So who's coming on to "fill the slot"?
I'd almost want to do it. :p

Scraparcade
11-10-14, 10:06

Does it really have to be such a hard cut? I guess this step has a backstory unknown to us listeners, but maybe it would have been good to put in a short break after the stressful CGE stunt and then return to the mike (!) with retropowers replenished?
Anyway your commitment is really appreciated. At this time, I don't accept resignations from anyone of the three of you.
You guys rock!

scraparcade

madetomoan
11-10-14, 07:24
I guess this step has a backstory unknown to us listeners

I've been reading between the lines for a long time. It comes down to passion vs payoff as far as I can tell, but who knows?

Differences apart, all 3 hosts together on a good day have made for many enjoyable moments and provided great laughs. They have made my crappy jobs bearable and I can honestly say that when I see a new podcast up i get that rush you would get as a kid on Christmas Day. This is coming from a 42 year old man and I am truly gutted to be honest. I bet there are 1000's of other listeners who share my sentiments. No more Mike coming up the rear, no more great interruptions, no more phone calls to get him off his butt, no more Trisha (purr), no more really cool. Individually you guys are special, but together it's been magic.

A real shame.

Vipp
11-10-14, 10:44
I've been reading between the lines for a long time. It comes down to passion vs payoff as far as I can tell, but who knows?

Differences apart, all 3 hosts together on a good day have made for many enjoyable moments and provided great laughs. They have made my crappy jobs bearable and I can honestly say that when I see a new podcast up i get that rush you would get as a kid on Christmas Day. This is coming from a 42 year old man and I am truly gutted to be honest. I bet there are 1000's of other listeners who share my sentiments. No more Mike coming up the rear, no more great interruptions, no more phone calls to get him off his butt, no more Trisha (purr), no more really cool. Individually you guys are special, but together it's been magic.

A real shame.

I also enjoy hearing the three host's together. SoCal does a great job on Willie's podcast 'Colecovisions' so he isn't lost but i am still an RGR fan, i even have the poster on my wall (CGE Adventures). It will be missed if he does decide to leave more than just live news.

:(

miner2049er
12-10-14, 10:21
So who's coming on to "fill the slot"?

We have that in hand and there will be new segments by familiar names.

Does it really have to be such a hard cut? I guess this step has a backstory unknown to us listeners

Not really. Mike is busy and has lots of projects on the go so something had to give.

Maybe it would have been good to put in a short break after the stressful CGE stunt and then return to the mike (!) with retropowers replenished?

At the birth of the show we vowed to never miss a month and we ahven't in almost 6 years.

No more Mike coming up the rear, no more great interruptions, no more phone calls to get him off his butt, no more Trisha (purr), no more really cool. Individually you guys are special, but together it's been magic.

There will still be all of that in the Top Tens.

Kombi
14-10-14, 03:13
Not a big poster on the forum but had to come on here to comment on last episodes bombshell.
I like many have listened to all episodes and a subscriber to Retro mag. Over the years my podcast tastes have changed but this is the only one that has remained subscribed to at all times. As a train driver I listen to podcasts all shift, currently subscribed to over 20 podcasts.
This is a sad day for RGR, I understand the frustration of uk and Scott as they have shown up month after month, but I also understand socal has so much going on and I'm guessing has to give time to Trish to keep happy wife, something has to give. I can only imagine how much commitment it takes to submit segments each month and to organise 3 different time zones for live recordings.

I was initially drawn in by the mic hook up of socal at swap meets and the banter in top 10's. I love all the other segments too. I do hope socal submits segments on occasions and can keep the top 10 appearances going. Good luck to who ever you bring in for news, I can think of a few suitable candidates like the names we see heavily on the forum, constant submitters to news and listening live and are always there to help at the various retro gaming conferences.

Good luck guys I truly appreciate what you have all given so far and hope it continues for many more years in what ever form that works for you guys.
Thanks!

Scraparcade
14-10-14, 05:24
Hey guys,
one more from me. I just listened to the show before Surf Dogs and I think that month's top ten was another great highlight in a long row of brilliant segments. I wanted to make sure that you guys know that we all absolutely appreciate your commitment.
There's no way I could do all the crazy stuff you do in just a month's time, every month. So here's another big thank you for the show (I listen to it every week when cleaning the flat - well. sometimes I have to slip in the occasional o'Hara, retrobits or retrocomputing roundtable to make the flat really shine.)
I look forward to next month's show - hope I make it to the live news this time...
Cheers!