PDA

View Full Version : Crater Raider

Chris++
28-08-14, 12:30
Hi, Mike -- I think you'd really have fun with this 1984 Bally/Midway game. You're in a tank, and the objective is to rescue all of the hostages found in the large, multi-scrolling area. There are craters all over the place, and while some of them teleport you to other locations, the instructions during the attract mode will show you which kind of crater to descend into after you've rescued a hostage. Good stuff!

GameGavel
29-08-14, 06:49
Awesome! Checking it out for ICFM. Thanks,

Hi, Mike -- I think you'd really have fun with this 1984 Bally/Midway game. You're in a tank, and the objective is to rescue all of the hostages found in the large, multi-scrolling area. There are craters all over the place, and while some of them teleport you to other locations, the instructions during the attract mode will show you which kind of crater to descend into after you've rescued a hostage. Good stuff!

Chris++
03-09-14, 07:53
Cool -- thanks for attempting it, Mike! I guess it is a bit difficult to aim without the spinner -- I just have the joystick configured to rotate left and right, in addition to moving forward and backward. It makes the controls a bit like those in Asteroids, so that's a little easier than turning with two buttons.

My apologies: I should have mentioned that the second button, apart from the fire button, gives you shields while it's being held down. These make you immune to enemy bullets and also allow you to destroy enemies by colliding with them. The amount of shields you have left is displayed in a gauge at the bottom.