PDA

View Full Version : Intellivisionaries Episode 11 is up!

Burgertime
28-07-14, 11:45
http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-11-qbert/

A “deep dive” game review of Q*Bert, the arcade conversion. We also have another “Questions For Keith” session, with Keith Robinson of Intellivision Productions, discussing the upcoming Intellivision Flashback console from AT Games. Rick interviews listener & game reveiwer ‘TrekMD’ from Retro Video Gamer (UK forums). And we have several guest podcasters offering their opinions of Q*Bert, including Chris Bidwell from Now You’re Playing With Podcast, Ferg from The Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast, William Culver from The ColecoVisions Podcast, and Dubstep Dad, Sweet and Aaron from Retro Obscura. We also reveal the winner of the “Mr_INTV” AtariAge Intellivision giveaway contest. And we introduce a new segment “Homebrew Highlight”, basically a mini-review of a modern day Intellivision game. Of course we have our usual news, listener feeback, mentions and strange drop-ins that Paul likes to do for some reason or another. Enjoy!

Vipp
29-07-14, 06:38
Where do i submit questions? Also what competition on Atari Age? Nobody uses this forum anymore.

focusrs
29-07-14, 09:05
Where do i submit questions? Also what competition on Atari Age? Nobody uses this forum anymore.

Pretty sure they give out a email address to send them feedback and questions on every episode. you can also go to their webpage and have all sorts of ways to contact them. http://intellivisionaries.com/

Burgertime
30-07-14, 12:00
Yup, we have the email at the end of the episodes, and on the webpage.
I actually didn't know about the contest on Atari Age until we recorded the episode. I don't get around on that board that often.

Nurmix
30-07-14, 01:39

You're right, this forum is a bit quiet (at least our section). It seems that most of our listeners hang out on AtariAge. But Vipp, you always know you have a direct line to me! And "George" is all over this episode...

The AtariAge competition wasn't something we came up with. A user there had an Intellivision game giveaway, and he asked us to announce the winner on the show.

Are you and Aaron ready for your 'Intelli-Virgin' segment yet? I'd like to get that in the next episode.

Vipp
01-08-14, 06:31
Diagamblic has the recording mate, He may be a little busy at the moment but when he is done editing it i'm sure he will get it over to you. :)

Jammajup
03-08-14, 09:57
Yes I downloaded this yesterday ,Q-bert is not one of my fav games to play but I do find it an interesting one to talk about as it is just so odd. I will fit this in to my schedule somewhere as I listen to a few other podcasts as well like Colecovisions, No quarter, Spectrum Show, Atari GamebyGame, etc and of course the latest RGR as well ..phew!

Nurmix
04-08-14, 09:44
Yes I downloaded this yesterday ,Q-bert is not one of my fav games to play but I do find it an interesting one to talk about as it is just so odd. I will fit this in to my schedule somewhere as I listen to a few other podcasts as well like Colecovisions, No quarter, Spectrum Show, Atari GamebyGame, etc and of course the latest RGR as well ..phew!

Thanks, Jammajup, hope you enjoy it. What version of Q*Bert do you play, when you play it? MAME? Console?

Vipp
22-08-14, 02:21
Hey folks, how do people buy one of the signed boxes for the up coming intellivision flashback? I can't believe i'm missing out on CGE this year - there is going to be so much awesome stuff on offer.