PDA

View Full Version : Intellivisionaries Episode 10 is up!

Burgertime
29-06-14, 10:09
Double digits baby :)

Join us as we go “deep” into the dungeons of Treasure Of Tarmin / Minotaur. We interview designer / programmer Tom Loughry. We also interview Scott Nudds who is currently programming Boulder Dash for the Intellivision (coming soon from Elektronite / First Star Software), and William Moeller joins in for part of the interview too. Rick gives us another programming segment, and we include our usual feedback, news and fun (“George” is back too). See you on level 256!

http://intellivisionaries.com

Vipp
29-06-14, 10:21
double digits baby :)

join us as we go “deep” into the dungeons of treasure of tarmin / minotaur. We interview designer / programmer tom loughry. We also interview scott nudds who is currently programming boulder dash for the intellivision (coming soon from elektronite / first star software), and william moeller joins in for part of the interview too. Rick gives us another programming segment, and we include our usual feedback, news and fun (“george” is back too). See you on level 256!

http://intellivisionaries.com

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Vipp
01-07-14, 10:15
This episode was brilliant, I'm really enjoying Rick's segment with the programming, i sort of understand what he is talking about but i will drop him an email as he requested ideas for the next segment, i think a nice idiots guide to what the relationship between commands is might work nicely. The interview was also brilliant if not a little low in volume but i could hear it all so thanks again for putting the effort in. finally guys can you get William to make a segment, he doesn't talk often so when he does i always think someone gatecrashed into Nurmix's garage shouting 'on the fence' opinions about intellivision games... A nice segment from William would be nice.

Awesome podcast and congratulations on getting to 10.

Nurmix
01-07-14, 03:27
This episode was brilliant, I'm really enjoying Rick's segment with the programming, i sort of understand what he is talking about but i will drop him an email as he requested ideas for the next segment, i think a nice idiots guide to what the relationship between commands is might work nicely. The interview was also brilliant if not a little low in volume but i could hear it all so thanks again for putting the effort in. finally guys can you get William to make a segment, he doesn't talk often so when he does i always think someone gatecrashed into Nurmix's garage shouting 'on the fence' opinions about intellivision games... A nice segment from William would be nice.

Awesome podcast and congratulations on getting to 10.

Thanks, Vipp!

Sure, Rick would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

There were definitely some sound & volume issues in the interviews - especially Tom Loughry's. He lives in a rural part of California that has slow unreliable Internet and ancient phone lines. Unfortunately, the buzzing and noise was unavoidable. Normalizing and compressing the audio usually levels things out, but in this case, it just brought out the buzzing more, so I had to cut back, and therefore there are places where it's kind of hard to hear.

We are planning a segment or two for Will, so hopefully by the next episode you'll hear at least one.

And thanks again for YOUR 'George' contributions, buddy. They're brilliant!

Vipp
01-07-14, 04:51
And thanks again for YOUR 'George' contributions, buddy. They're brilliant!

I'm convinced just you and I find George funny mate but i like to help out when i can. I'm looking forward to Q-Bert.

Nurmix
01-07-14, 04:57
I'm convinced just you and I find George funny mate but i like to help out when i can. I'm looking forward to Q-Bert.

I can assure you that's not the case, Vipp. We've gotten quite a few comments about them - all positive. Keep 'em coming!

Vipp
01-07-14, 05:02
Nice, i will mate, i laugh so much recording them - then it's nice to hear how much you guys enjoy them.

Nurmix
02-07-14, 04:14
Some listeners have written to me, saying "you know George Plimpton wasn't English, he was from New York". I tell them, yes, I know. But he spoke with a slight English accent (perhaps to make him sound more authoritative or credible). So we exaggerate that for comic effect with your rendition if him.

Vipp
02-07-14, 04:19
Haha, brilliant.

Nurmix
02-07-14, 04:33
Maybe you can do a bit about that...

Nurmix
02-07-14, 04:34
"I understand some listeners of the Intellivisionaries have questioned my manner of speaking..." (I'll let you complete that thought)...

rickreynolds
02-07-14, 06:14
Hey Vipp, I'm glad you're liking the programming segments! I look forward to a message with more detail about what you'd like to hear more about.