PDA

View Full Version : Intellivisionaries episode 9 is up!

rickreynolds
29-05-14, 04:31
Another "deep dive" game review, this time it's Beauty & The Beast from Imagic. We also have an interview with the programmer / designer Wendell Brown. We chat with Scott Schreiber and Mike James from Retrogaming Roundup about Classic Gaming Expo 2014. And we introduce a new segment "Questions For Keith", where we ask Keith Robinson of Intellivision Productions listener-submitted questions. Of course we have our usual news, listener feeback and mentions, and we even "Say Pow!" in this one! Huh?

http://www.intellivisionaries.com/

Vipp
21-06-14, 09:59
Does anybody know if Toys R Us in tje UK will be releasing the intellivision and cilecovision flashback consoles?

Nurmix
21-06-14, 03:46
Not sure. Do they have the Atari Flashback units? I would think if they do they'll carry the others too.

Vipp
22-06-14, 06:24
I'm not sure to be honest mate. I'm sure the Flashbacks are seen to be quite cheap and tacky to most brits so im not sure they will have made it into a store like T'r'U. In the UK Toys R Us is quite an expensive store.

drich255
24-06-14, 04:19
Great questions for Keith! Glad you asked about future releases on new consoles. In a similar manner as the DS, the Wii U gamepad would work well for emulating the Intellivision keypad and overlays. The eShop would also be a great way for distribution and exposure. However, Keith made it clear that the business case needs to be there as well as crossing all of the legal hurdles.

Nurmix
24-06-14, 06:14
Thanks, drich. I agree with you about the Wii U. And yeah, Keith wants to make sure he does everything correctly to avoid any legal issues.

drich255
24-06-14, 08:14
As for financing a Wii U version, a Kickstarter project may be the way to go.

For now, of course, the spotlight will be on the Flashback consoles.

miner2049er
24-06-14, 11:17
I've seen the original Atari Flashback in Crack Generator over here and I bought a used one from the Leeds Video Game Market so they were available here somewhere.

Vipp
24-06-14, 11:44
I may sent AT Games an email and ask them if they have a UK distributor. If i can't get ine here would there be any chance that IF i can pay one of.the guys to pre order me one and take it to CGE that you might bring it home with you UK Mike ? That way i could collect it from you at retro revival? No worries if thats not possible, i dnt want to take the piss. :)

focusrs
25-06-14, 01:26
dont worry vipp. like all the other flashbacks there will be tons of them out there. will make sure you get one of each :)

Vipp
25-06-14, 04:00
Thank you mate, i will pay for them of course. I really like the sound of the limited edition intelly controller inlays. I also like the colecovision as its much cheaper than the UK prices but im happ to wait for the price to go down a bit on that one. :). I still can't believe my luck with the Dreadnaught factor! honestly what are the chances of that happening! I'm still VERY greatful to you for sending that to me mate.

Also thank you for being awesome.

miner2049er
25-06-14, 09:56
Thank you mate, i will pay for them of course. I really like the sound of the limited edition intelly controller inlays. I also like the colecovision as its much cheaper than the UK prices but im happ to wait for the price to go down a bit on that one. :). I still can't believe my luck with the Dreadnaught factor! honestly what are the chances of that happening! I'm still VERY greatful to you for sending that to me mate.

Also thank you for being awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9p1FFwxb0

Vipp
25-06-14, 11:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9p1FFwxb0

Haha. You just wish your crap acting and flat tits got you free flashbacks. :)