PDA

View Full Version : Intellivisionaries episode 6 is up!

rickreynolds
24-02-14, 07:17
We do our traditional “deep dive” game review; this time it’s The Dreadnaught Factor from Activision. We interview the programmer / designer of the game, Tom Loughry. We also interview Kieren Hawken (aka “The Laird”) from Retro Video Gamer in the UK. And this month we have a special guest host, Kevin Savetz – author of “The Terrible Nerd”, one of the hosts of Antic: The Atari 8-bit Podcast, and an Intellivision collector. And all the feedback, news and fun you’ve come to expect from our show is here too.

http://www.intellivisionaries.com

Vipp
02-03-14, 07:37
Another BRILLIANT episode guys, i really regret not getting my recording in on time. i can't believe young folks would rather do homework than play this game. The Dreadnaught Factor is in my top 10 games of all time.

Nurmix
02-03-14, 07:53
Thanks Vipp. And you can still send us a review if you like. I'd be happy to include it in the next episode.

So what skill level do you play, and what's your high score?

Vipp
03-03-14, 11:15
I like to play on the difficulty setting at 5, that seems to be the right amount of challenge for me, anything above that and i find it hard to stay alive for more than one Dreadnaught. I will see if i can get a screen grab today and drop it here, i can't remember what it is to be honest, from the sound of it you guys are great at the game!.

Diagamblic
04-03-14, 05:37
I should be getting this game in the mail shortly! Just got intellivision rocks because of the mention on the show! As always, great show! :)

Vipp
04-03-14, 10:25
I should be getting this game in the mail shortly! Just got intellivision rocks because of the mention on the show! As always, great show! :)

I need to get an intellivision to play this game how it should be played. The PSP is nice but i get the feeling this game belongs on the big screen.

my score is pathetic, on setting 5 i can get to the second ship but over all my top end score on this difficulty is about 2000. i need to get better.

Nurmix
04-03-14, 04:48
I've never played it on the PSP, so I can't judge the differences. But yeah, Vipp (and Diagamblic!)... real hardware is the way to go.

That said, if you're playing on a PC or Mac, you may want to consider getting The Ultimate PC interface, so you can plug in real controllers:

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/interface/interface.php

Vipp
16-03-14, 09:41
That is pretty epic. The psp version of games can be way more hassle than they are worth but some games play very nicely like Dreadnaught Factor. :)