PDA

View Full Version : retro plug n play driving games?

ComputerSpaceFan
12-01-14, 05:49
You know what someone should make? They should make one of those plug n play consoles with a steering wheel on it that can let me play classic driving games. I know Pole Position is on one of the plug n play units where you turn the ball-top joystick which may be fine but I'd really like to see a machine like

this

or this

but plays classics like Spy Hunter, Night Driver, maybe even Out-Run. It seems like an area that plug n play would really show its worth and yet the only ones I can find (like the ones above) are full of crummy clones of the classics and not very good ones at that.

miner2049er
12-01-14, 01:28
Let's do a kickstarter!!!!

random_dave
17-01-14, 06:42
fucksocks, i just binned a broken ps2 steering wheel in the process of moving, if i'd have seen this earlier i'll have stripped the innards and bunged a raspberry pi in it and made one

Having said that, you can often pick up wheels on freecycle/charity shops, so perhaps it's one to keep an eye on

saberman
14-02-14, 10:52
You know what someone should make? They should make one of those plug n play consoles with a steering wheel on it that can let me play classic driving games. I know Pole Position is on one of the plug n play units where you turn the ball-top joystick which may be fine but I'd really like to see a machine like

this

or this

but plays classics like Spy Hunter, Night Driver, maybe even Out-Run. It seems like an area that plug n play would really show its worth and yet the only ones I can find (like the ones above) are full of crummy clones of the classics and not very good ones at that.

I built myself a full sized driving MAME cab a couple of years back based around a Logitech PC joystick. I really botched up the paint job and got no side art so it is a bit of a big black monster though:

The only 2 games worth playing are Out-run and Chase HQ though.