PDA

View Full Version : modern Street Fighter technical question

ComputerSpaceFan
03-01-14, 06:39
I have Super Street Fighter IV and I'm terrible at it using the fightpad I bought so I am considering a fight stick.
My question is not what fight stick would you recommend as I already have my eye on one that probably fits my needs, but my question is more about square gates and charge characters.

Okay, that has probably filtered out a big chunk of non-Street Fighter players from this thread already.

So, I have preferred octagonal gate fight sticks in the past and the one I have my eye on (Mad Catz brand, possibly tournament edition) is a square gate. I was going to mod it to be octagonal gate but read online that square gates are actually better for charge characters and both SFIV and SSFIV have reworked the code so using a square gate is actually a heck of a lot better than it might have been in previous versions of Street Fighter.

I play Chun-li, a charge character, so I will probably get this square gate fight stick, even though I have not been a fan of them in the past.

My two questions are:
1) have any of you made this transition from octagonal gate to square gate with the modern SF games and how hard was it to adjust?

2) Ultra Street Fighter IV comes out in a few months and since it's adding Poison to the roster I will definitely be getting the upgrade but is she a charge character? If not, will using a square gate fight stick with her be more difficult than an octagonal gate?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Vipp
03-01-14, 01:45
Okay, that has probably filtered out a big chunk of non-Street Fighter players from this thread already.

i tried to play this game a long time ago and it was harder than a winter dogging session with thermal gloves. i loved the SNES game but latley it seems like Street Fighter is an exclusive game for a few players. i hope someone here can help you buddy.