PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the Prize Contest for January 18th 2014 - Megaman for the Gameboy

focusrs
19-12-13, 02:56
Just list what your favorite megaman game is and maybe a short story why. Winner of the cart will be determined by via a random drawing.

retroshaun
19-12-13, 07:42
I don't like any of them. Coz they're too fuckin hard. Is that a valid answer?

focusrs
20-12-13, 03:50
I don't like any of them. Coz they're too fuckin hard. Is that a valid answer?

Yep, that is valid :) this one is not easy either which is why I am doing a drawing for it and not playing it :)

drich255
20-12-13, 09:55
Predictable, but I have to say Mega Man 2. I haven't played a lot of these games, but that is one I would rent growing up.

indieseoul
20-12-13, 02:30
Mega Man Gameboy because I love the Gameboy! :)

Diagamblic
20-12-13, 06:44
Mega Man 2600 - just for the sheer audacity. It's pretty impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrpXc8C3S8

LOU2RETRO
19-01-14, 06:01
Probably the original Megaman as that is the only one I ever played back in the day. Now that we are looking for them out in the wild for review on our You Tube channel, we never see them...... Or the guy selling it wants my first born!

drich255
19-02-14, 03:19
Has this poor Mega Man cart found a home yet?

indieseoul
19-02-14, 07:28
Yep I won the drawing. Focus was too busy to record it. It's sitting in my pile of Gameboy games that I have been playing at my computer desk.

drich255
19-02-14, 08:37
Yep I won the drawing. Focus was too busy to record it. It's sitting in my pile of Gameboy games that I have been playing at my computer desk.

It had to travel a long way, but it found a nice home indeed!

By the way Indie, my daughter (14) is obsessed with Korean pop bands, dramas, etc. I shrug and think, well at least it isn't Bieber.

indieseoul
19-02-14, 03:51
That's cool Drich! Despite my dislike of Korean pop and most of the dramas at least it might be a way for her to learn an interesting language. You should find some Korean films for her to watch. There are quite a few good films and some that would be age appropriate. Just don't let her see Old Boy.... And yes almost anything beats Bieber. LOL :)

It did travel a long way as well as my nice boxed Commodore 64 that went from Michigan to North Carolina, made a pit stop in Florida before making it my way. Amazingly enough not even the box was damaged.