PDA

View Full Version : The Intellivisionaries - Music!

Nurmix
04-12-13, 05:50
I've had several requests through email, Facebook and AtariAge for instrumental versions of some of my Intellivisionaries music tracks.

So... I've uploaded a high quality mp3 of "The Intellivisionaries Theme" intro track, and "Treasured", our outro track (which are my original compositions) to our Libsyn page. Those of you who subscribe to our RSS feed will have gotten it already.

You can also grab the mp3 file itself there, if you don't want to just stream it. Visit the URL below:

Thanks, and enjoy!

P.S. Extended versions of both tracks are in the works. And look for our December episode later this month.

http://intellivisionaries.libsyn.com/

focusrs
05-12-13, 12:39
your music is awesome, I have had quite a few emails about the tune you gave to me for Arcade USA :)

Nurmix
05-12-13, 04:46
your music is awesome, I have had quite a few emails about the tune you gave to me for Arcade USA :)

Thanks Focus. It's funny, I wrote that song several years ago, but never knew what to do with it. And now when I hear it in your video openings, I see it's a perfect match.

focusrs
05-12-13, 02:22
it was meant to be!

dzfoo
15-12-13, 09:15
Great! Thanks for posting the music. I look forward to the extended mixes. :)

drich255
16-12-13, 05:26
So... I've uploaded a high quality mp3 of "The Intellivisionaries Theme" intro track, and "Treasured", our outro track (which are my original compositions) to our Libsyn page.

http://intellivisionaries.libsyn.com/

Great music! Listening to it outside of the podcast context, the outro music feels like it belongs in the end scenes of a John Hughes movie where all the problems are resolved (I mean this purely as a compliment).

Nurmix
16-12-13, 07:20
Great music! Listening to it outside of the podcast context, the outro music feels like it belongs in the end scenes of a John Hughes movie where all the problems are resolved (I mean this purely as a compliment).

Thanks drich. Interesting observation. The original idea for the outro track ("Treasured") came to me in the early '90s, but it sat on the back shelf, unfinished, until I started putting things together for the podcast.

And I suppose my '80s musical influences show through... and I was certainly a fan of John Hughes, and he definitely used a lot of great '80s tracks in his films. So I do take it as a compliment!

dzfoo
17-12-13, 12:55
I second that. However, in my opinion, the laser-dance feel of the intro song is even more classic 80s.

I grew up in Puerto Rico and, although we had a very strong and present USA influence, there was a short-lived movement during the 1980s to "go back" to our Spanish roots. One of the side effects of this is that our popular culture started steering towards European tastes, and Euro-Dance clubs started popping up with dance music from Spain, Italy, and Germany.

You had the "regular" clubs playing the usual American fare, but the hottest discotheques were playing music imported straight from the clubs of Ibiza, Milan, and Munich.

Anyway, I used to DJ and remix during those days, and the intro song of the podcast takes me back to that time. :)

dZ.

drich255
17-12-13, 04:45
I second that. However, in my opinion, the laser-dance feel of the intro song is even more classic 80s.

I grew up in Puerto Rico and, although we had a very strong and present USA influence, there was a short-lived movement during the 1980s to "go back" to our Spanish roots. One of the side effects of this is that our popular culture started steering towards European tastes, and Euro-Dance clubs started popping up with dance music from Spain, Italy, and Germany.

You had the "regular" clubs playing the usual American fare, but the hottest discotheques were playing music imported straight from the clubs of Ibiza, Milan, and Munich.

Anyway, I used to DJ and remix during those days, and the intro song of the podcast takes me back to that time. :)

dZ.

Awesome, you are Boricua. I lived in Puerto Rico for two years from 93-95 (Mormon Missionary -- so no discotheque for me). But loved my time there. A great culture to experience. I totally miss the food.

To bring this back to retro gaming (but not Intellivision), I enjoyed playing a Bullwinkle Pinball game in the city of Isabela on our days off that was in a small pizza place where we would go for lunch.

Nurmix
18-12-13, 04:27

dZ.

Thanks dZ. I used to DJ too, and make remixes. That's what got me started in doing my own music.

Don't tell anyone, but you'll notice something a bit "seasonal" about the intro track in episode 4 - that I'm almost finished with.. ;-)