PDA

View Full Version : STR 51: How Much Is That In Rupees?

indieseoul
09-11-13, 04:04
STR 51: How Much Is That In Rupees? (http://stalkingtheretro.wastedseconds.com/podcasts/str51.mp3)

Kynrek joins us to talk about his recent retro gaming acquisitions which include an awesome ColecoVision and games. He tells us about an incredible Zelda Symphony that he attended, consoles he needs to repair and much much more.

William tells us about his recent trip to California to meet up with Socal Mike and Nurmix and I introduce a new segment to STR called: This game is F*cked UP! In this episode I spotlight the game Monster Party for the NES. Septic Lemon joins us at the end to talk about the awesome party he helped run for the Cambridge Computer History Museum where he partied with the great British IBM.

So grab a nice beverage and sit back and enjoy another exciting episode of Stalking The Retro!

drich255
09-11-13, 04:24
Nice! Can't wait to hear your review on Monster Party. I was one of the suckers that bought it new. Talk about buyers remorse. The game was very difficult. I could barely get past the first boss.

drich255
09-11-13, 09:49
Just listened to it. You give me hope that the game is beatable. I don't have an NES now, but I may emulate it one day just to say that I beat that crappy game. I must have paid $20-25 back then, but I still felt robbed. I could have gotten Metroid or Kid Icarus, but no, I took a chance on Monster Party.

Vipp
11-11-13, 11:34
Another great episode! Something annoying was missing from this episode, can't quite put my finger on it. lol. The NES game review was great too, thought i would share this screenshot.

Also really enjoyed Kynreks interview, i really enjoyed hearing Crang on Turtle Flakes too! brilliant.

indieseoul
12-11-13, 01:16
Just listened to it. You give me hope that the game is beatable. I don't have an NES now, but I may emulate it one day just to say that I beat that crappy game. I must have paid $20-25 back then, but I still felt robbed. I could have gotten Metroid or Kid Icarus, but no, I took a chance on Monster Party.

Yeah if it weren't for the weirdness factor and the challenge I doubt I would have bothered spending several weeks learning how to beat the damn game. Happy to have helped inspire you to have a go at it again! We should have another odd game coming soon and this time it is for the Genesis/Megadrive.