PDA

View Full Version : Focus on The Prize Contest for November 23rd, 2013 - Entex Stargate VFD Tabletop Game

focusrs
20-10-13, 05:07
Guess the score and win! I will play the game 3 times and take the average of my scores, the closest guess to my final average score wins the game!.

Now for those of you that have watched a video of this device, there may be some confusion as to what the score is. The score is only displayed after each defender ship is destroyed and the final high score at the end of the game.

When you start a game you will see the number 4405 at the left of screen. The top number "4" is the number of ships remaining, the next digit "4" is the number of smart bombs you have, the third digit "0" is the number of humans caught by the aliens and the last digit "5" is the number of Inviso bombs you have left. so that is not the score of the game.

Leathco
22-10-13, 10:18
I love these VFD games. I own a couple, Donkey Kong and Pac Man, both are great fun and vibrant.

As far as the contest, hard to say, but I'm gonna go with 4000

retroshaun
23-10-13, 02:35

bjones371
23-10-13, 05:37
I'll sit in the middle(ish) and say 2900.

Diagamblic
23-10-13, 07:14
4001 :)

Leathco
24-10-13, 12:08
4001 :)

That's some price is right level strategy, folks.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

focusrs
24-10-13, 01:06
That's some price is right level strategy, folks.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

now just need someone to do 3999 and leathco would be locked out, unless my average score ended up being 4000 :) and in that case, I would have to throw something extra in the box.

indieseoul
24-10-13, 01:27
I'll take 4100 please. :) By the way Focus you spelled grammar wrong. LOL

Vipp
24-10-13, 08:43
i will take 3,267... :)

All Your Base
24-10-13, 05:46
3,456 for me

focusrs
25-10-13, 01:54
Now for those of you that have watched a video of this device, there may be some confusion as to what the score is. The score is only displayed after each defender ship is destroyed and the final high score at the end of the game.

When you start a game you will see the number 4405 at the left of screen. The top number "4" is the number of ships remaining, the next digit "4" is the number of smart bombs you have, the third digit "0" is the number of humans caught by the aliens and the last digit "5" is the number of Inviso bombs you have left. so that is not the score of the game.

So if you based you guess on this number, please enter in a new guess.

focusrs
23-11-13, 11:46
This frickin machine keeps starting a new game right when the one I am playing ends. So I dont see a final score. So will do this a different way. Leathco, Retroshaun, Bjones, Diagamblic, Indie, Vipp and All your base - Just reply to this post as to what is your favorite classic arcade game. The winner will be determined by who gets the highest score using the lottery number generator (that uses you answer to generate a lottery number).

Vipp
23-11-13, 11:51
This frickin machine keeps starting a new game right when the one I am playing ends. So I dont see a final score. So will do this a different way. Leathco, Retroshaun, Bjones, Diagamblic, Indie, Vipp and All your base - Just reply to this post as to what is your favorite classic arcade game. The winner will be determined by who gets the highest score using the lottery number generator (that uses you answer to generate a lottery number).

Im going with Satan's Hollow! What a bloody game that is not to mention the cabinet being stunning. (Nurmix if you ever need to re home your cab, i will look after it! lol)

indieseoul
24-11-13, 09:08
Galaga of course.

bjones371
24-11-13, 11:07
Think I'll go with Amidar (in homage to UK Mike!)

focusrs
24-11-13, 03:08
Diagamblic went with Tempest (good man!) via Skype answer
Retroshaun went with Robotron via Facebook message.

Using the text to lottery number generator online (as witnessed by Indieseoul) Retroshaun won!

Vipp
24-11-13, 08:48
Diagamblic went with Tempest (good man!) via Skype answer
Retroshaun went with Robotron via Facebook message.

Using the text to lottery number generator online (as witnessed by Indieseoul) Retroshaun won!

Well done RetroShaun! Thank you to Focus for putting on another great competition!

retroshaun
25-11-13, 06:08
May be the first thing I ever won! Cheer Focus :)