PDA

View Full Version : Free Steam Games - FTL and Brutal Legend

Leathco
11-09-13, 11:02
Fun story behind this one. I got injured at work today, second and third degree burns to the right side of my face. Just got out of the hospital. So I'm off work for a little bit. My wife got me the newest Humble Bundle cause she knows I always buy them. I already owned FTL and Brutal Legend, so I am giving those away on here. I'm drawing a blank as to the question I should throw out. So the first person to guess which wrist they put my hospital bracelet on gets the game of their choice. If the first person is wrong they get the game the other person didn't choose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SnIhpCm5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxnho1yTjRo

And yes, I am really turning my workplace injury into a contest. One point for poor taste!

Vipp
11-09-13, 11:20
Never mind the games, are you okay mate? that sounds serious!

Leathco
11-09-13, 11:38
I look worse than I feel. Face looks rough, but I've never been an attractive person anyway, lol. I just have to stay away from heat for a few days, which means I can't work as I am a steak chef.

Hey, I didn't see a guess in that post!

Vipp
11-09-13, 11:51
well mate i bought this bundle today so i will let Diagamblic and someone else win these great games, i hope you feel better soon buddy! i need to hear more drum sessions! Haha.

SubaruBrat
11-09-13, 11:53
Burns suck, wet well soon!

Leathco
11-09-13, 11:55
Yea its a great bundle. Thanks for the well wishes. When the contest is over I'll post a pic, cause it shows which wrist I have the band on. Yea SubaruBrat I gotta agree burns suck. I've gotten burnt before but never to this degree. But it could have been worse.

SubaruBrat
12-09-13, 02:48
I can honestly say every one I have ever had was my fault, like picking up something I just welded.

indieseoul
12-09-13, 12:31
Sorry to hear about your accident Leathco. I hope you get better soon and are in good spirits.

focusrs
12-09-13, 01:18
Get well quick Leathco!!!! The worst burn I had is when I was in my shed just after mowing the yard and I backed into my lawnmower muffler with the back of my leg. It actually had skin sticking to it and hurt like a sombitch.

Leathco
12-09-13, 01:33
Thanks for the warm wishes guys, I do appreciate it. Its not horribly bad, mostly due to the fact that both me and my boss know how to handle severe burns. There shouldn't be much if any scarring, just some pain and a few days away from work. At least this morning I look less like Two-Face from Batman than I did yesterday, lol

Giveaway is still going on. FTL is a really good strategic game.

drich255
12-09-13, 02:51
Thanks for the warm wishes guys, I do appreciate it. Its not horribly bad, mostly due to the fact that both me and my boss know how to handle severe burns. There shouldn't be much if any scarring, just some pain and a few days away from work. At least this morning I look less like Two-Face from Batman than I did yesterday, lol

Giveaway is still going on. FTL is a really good strategic game.

My grandpa had a saying when we got hurt, "Well, it is pretty far from your heart." I think the corollary to that is, "Well, it is pretty far from your junk."

I'll echo everyone else, glad to see you in good spirits and get well soon.

As for the contest, I will take a shot. Left hand.

Leathco
12-09-13, 07:53

Good guess! It doesn't look like anyone else is going to participate, so if you want not only can I give you both games, I can also give you Serious Sam HD Episodes 1 and 2. Let me know which games you want, as if you already own one or more of them I'll start a new thread with a new giveaway for them.

Leathco
12-09-13, 11:28
Since this got turned into the official injury thread, (lol at that, I really do look worse than I feel), here's a pic from today. I am assurred by my doctor there won't be a lot of scarring and I'll keep my dashing good looks, hehe.

focusrs
12-09-13, 11:43
Since this got turned into the official injury thread, (lol at that, I really do look worse than I feel), here's a pic from today. I am assurred by my doctor there won't be a lot of scarring and I'll keep my dashing good looks, hehe.

Yeeeeouch!!!!!!!

indieseoul
13-09-13, 01:59
Yikes man that looks pretty painful. Then again you could have gotten a 10th degree burn. (They don't really exist)

According to Urban dictionary: a burn so severe that your body starts to change into that of a robot

When he landed on the sun he suffered 10th degree burns and that's why he's a robot.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=10th%20degree%20burn

Vipp
13-09-13, 11:01
That looks to be a painful burn mate, i hope it heals well and you get back on drums for more videos soon buddy. That reminds me, do you ever plan to nerd out and buy guitar hero warriors of rock with the drum set? i would love to see an actually drummer play the fast songs. Haha. get well soon buddy.

Leathco
13-09-13, 02:24
Believe it or not the area where I got the tetanus shot hurts more than my face lol. I'm actually going back to work tonight, just wearing a bandanna over my face with my ball cap.

I haven't bought much gamewise lately. I had to buy a new washer and dryer and got one of the big high efficiency sets (I have a family of 5 so we use it) and been upgrading my kit significantly. I actually have seen an adapter made by m-audio that let's me hook my kit to a game system for rock band so that is kind of tempting.....

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Leathco
14-09-13, 01:15
Went in to work tonight. Wore a bandanna to protect my face lol. Looks like I'm robbing the place.

focusrs
14-09-13, 03:21
Went in to work tonight. Wore a bandanna to protect my face lol. Looks like I'm robbing the place.

"who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.. bwah ha ha ha.... the Shadow Knows!!!!"

Diagamblic
14-09-13, 05:54
Focus! I love that radio program :).

Nurmix
26-09-13, 11:21
Wow, Leathco, sorry to hear about your injury. I heard about it on Stalking The Retro (thanks Indie, nice that you've added a forum member health segment). You are certainly keeping a positive attitude about the burn, Leathco! Hope you heal soon!