PDA

View Full Version : Saved!!! Coleco MS Pac man brought back to life from the dead

focusrs
06-09-13, 02:09
Found this lonely Coleco MS Pac man today at the flea market. Top missing, some screws missing, batter cover missing and did not work. Picked it up anyway for spare parts for my other Coleco Tabletop Arcade machines.

Opened it up and found the circuit board broken off. Fired up Retro Arcade Radio, heated up the soldering iron and after a hour of surgery, its alive!!!

Vipp
06-09-13, 08:32
That is brilliant, I'm still surprised at how nice they looked and how well they played at Retro Revival.

Nurmix
06-09-13, 09:48
...Opened it up and found the circuit board broken off. Fired up Retro Arcade Radio, heated up the soldering iron and after a hour of surgery, its alive!!!

Great work, Focus! I have a vision of you carrying your soldering iron in a side holster, and you having a stand-off on a dusty street in a ghost town with the Coleco Ms. Pac (cue old Western gunfight whistle / music)... guess who wins!

focusrs
07-09-13, 01:11
Great work, Focus! I have a vision of you carrying your soldering iron in a side holster, and you having a stand-off on a dusty street in a ghost town with the Coleco Ms. Pac (cue old Western gunfight whistle / music)... guess who wins!

Ya :), I purchased the thing for spare parts but could not just let it die :) Indiseoul his trying his best to talk me out of it now :)

retroshaun
17-09-13, 03:01
You got da mad skills Focus. Re-spect!