PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Lord_Kril
12-07-13, 03:37
Hello from New York. I'm a little late to the party, only discovered the podcast a few months ago. I am currently listening to all the past podcasts(almost caught up) so I can get up to speed as to what I have missed so far.

I have been collecting retro games and consoles on and off for well over 10 years. I would say that my two favorite systems of all time would have to be the 2600 and C64. My whole collection is currently sitting idle in boxes in storage, I'm hoping this will inspire me to dig everything out so I can catalog and play them again. I'm also in the middle of building my first MAME cab.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Also, if anyone knows of any groups or other collectors in the Hudson Valley send me a message.
Manny

SubaruBrat
12-07-13, 03:51
Post some pics of your MAME project, we love those around here. Welcome to the forums!

GameGavel
12-07-13, 04:21
Welcome Manny and glad you are enjoying the Roundup! My favorite two systems are the Atari 2600 and C64 also. I am currently trying to find all the carts for the C64. So far sitting at around 80 with some of the rare ones already in the collection. Do you collect C64 cartridges? What are some of your favorite games for the C64 and Atari?

focusrs
12-07-13, 04:33
Welcome to the forums!! There is a Contest this month for a Atari 2600 King Kong by Tigervision you can still get in on :)

Would like to see you Mame cab project as well! I am building a Barcade right now using a 60 in 1 board :)

Vipp
12-07-13, 08:14
Welcome Manny. we like new people. 'One of us, One of us, One of us' and so on. check out live news if you get the chance buddy it's great fun.

Diagamblic
12-07-13, 08:15
Welcome! You'll find some of nicest, most enthusiastic retro gamers around in these forums. You'll fit right in!

miner2049er
14-07-13, 08:51
You'll find some of nicest, most enthusiastic retro gamers around in these forums.

Yes, and the hosts too.

Welcome to the forums.

Burgertime
14-07-13, 10:43
Welcome!
I don't have space to build a Mame cab, but I do my fair share of collecting.

Nurmix
14-07-13, 11:39
Welcome, Lord!
:WAGON:

Great group of like-minded guys here. You'll fit right in.

And yeah, post some pictures of your MAME cab build (which reminds me... I haven't done that with mine yet)...

Lord_Kril
16-07-13, 09:36
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, My MAME cab has been on hold for a while now, but since I have discovered the show I'm really getting motivated to start back up again. Once I get it started again I will definitely post pics and any advice during the the build would be welcome.

Lord_Kril
16-07-13, 09:53
Welcome Manny and glad you are enjoying the Roundup! My favorite two systems are the Atari 2600 and C64 also. I am currently trying to find all the carts for the C64. So far sitting at around 80 with some of the rare ones already in the collection. Do you collect C64 cartridges? What are some of your favorite games for the C64 and Atari?

Thanks SoCal, The Atari 2600 and C64 were the two systems that I spent countless hours playing when I was young. I never had any cartridges for my C64, actually I only have one cartridge for my system now that came with it when I got it again many years ago. I didn't realize there were so many available I may have to start collecting them as well.

I used to play a lot of Monty on the run, world games, California games, pitstop & pitstop II, Gyruss, and Test Drive on the C64 I'm sure I'm forgetting many games (been a real long time). on the 2600 I played a lot of Pitfall, Pitfall 2, Ms Pac-Man, Combat, Krull, Frankenstein's Monster, Dig Dug, and Yar's Revenge.

retroshaun
17-07-13, 03:00
The best projects end up on hold at least a few times - says the man with at least 3 projects! :) Welcome to the forums.