PDA

View Full Version : Howdy folks.

Jinkkai
03-07-13, 10:26
I stumbled across this Podcast probably 3 months ago and have been listening non-stop. I absolutely love it! Since I'm now up to date I figured it's about damn time to get on the forums so here I am.

I started playing games in the NeS era (88'ish) but played the 2600 and the NeS side by side which gave me a cool viewpoint as a kid. I'm almost a little sorry I wasn't born earlier because by the sound of it the Atari age must have been one hell of a time to live through. Hell, I didn't even know you could have a home Vector system until I heard it here. The podcast really lit a fire under my ass to dig out what little retro games I have (Out of 409 games only 37 are before PsX).
Sadly I was the type that sold a lot of old games to grab the newest ones. About time I started re-building some retro! So thanks a ton for the great show.
In closing I'd like to say Space invaders doohickey is not a mascot. That is all.

Vipp
03-07-13, 10:43
In closing I'd like to say Space invaders doohickey is not a mascot. That is all.

What an explosive way to enter the forums, welcome buddy. i would say the next best thing from finding the podcast and then the forum is to try your best to join the live news that happens once a month, it really is the heart of the podcast and community here. :)

Jinkkai
03-07-13, 11:09
Thanks for the welcome. I plan to join the live news, even if I have to take off work a bit early.

GameGavel
03-07-13, 11:48
Ya, welcome to the forums and glad you are enjoying the show. If you caught up in 3 months, WOW! And, chalk another one up for Pac-Man :PAC

focusrs
04-07-13, 12:26
Pac Man, Space Invader.... Why cant we all just get along :) Hey welcome to the nut house that is Retrogamingroundup :)

miner2049er
04-07-13, 03:33
We need a little more "Howdy" around here.

Use it every day.

SubaruBrat
04-07-13, 03:37
Welcome to the forums, allot of really cool people around here that can help you grow your hobby. And yes, the live news is well worth some time off work and an early beer.

indieseoul
04-07-13, 10:44
Welcome and a Howdy to you! Yeah the live news is awesome and it's a great chance to win some games to add to your collection.
Since you have caught up with the RGR podcast how about listening to Stalking The Retro. It's a great podcast and there are even episodes with the wonderful RGR crew as guests.

All Your Base
04-07-13, 11:54
Welcome aboard! Get yourself logged into Live News towards the end of the month as well! It's an experience not to be missed!

retroshaun
04-07-13, 02:38
Howdy doody! Welcome. Don't let the random BS put you off... you kinda get a thick skin for it... eventually :)

Jinkkai
04-07-13, 05:12
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.
@Subaru-Agreed, but i'll be crackin' open the gin. Not a beer man myself.
@Indie- I will be listening to STR you can count on that sir.
@Shaun-Compared to other places I don't think i'll need to equip my internet thickskin+1. Unless of course we take a field trip to Gamefaqs forums...

Since i'm building up my collection on 25$ budget a week the prizes do indeed look mighty enticing.

Vipp
04-07-13, 05:24
Since i'm building up my collection on 25$ budget a week the prizes do indeed look mighty enticing.

If you fancy free games you could also join the STR Steam Group. :) STR give away 1 free game everytime an episode is released. and the STR Steam Group also like to throw free games out to people that make an extra effort to enjoy the STR podcast. If you don't have a steam account don't worry im about to PM you a game code. no pressure to join the group at all. lol. :)

Jinkkai
04-07-13, 10:20
I have joined the group. Not expressly for the purpose of free things, and look forward to perhaps playin' some games with you gents.

Vipp
04-07-13, 10:59
I have joined the group. Not expressly for the purpose of free things, and look forward to perhaps playin' some games with you gents.

Invited you a s a friend buddy, weclome to the STR group. :)

Leathco
05-07-13, 05:52
Also be sure to check the member contests section. I give away around 2 steam games a month, sometimes more, and focusrs runs some awesome contests too.

focusrs
05-07-13, 12:09
Also be sure to check the member contests section. I give away around 2 steam games a month, sometimes more, and focusrs runs some awesome contests too.

Ya, I have a couple good ones comming up soon - Sealed and Signed by Intellivision the Great Keith Robinson Intellivision lives DS and a Boxed copy of CGE adventures with the signed CD by the hosts and and the other goodies :) So keep your ears and eyes peeled for them :) right now the current contest is for Tigervisions King Kong for the Atari 2600 :)