PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the Prize Contet for May 18th 2013 - Super Mario Bors Deluxe.

focusrs
20-04-13, 11:17
Here is the prize for May 18th. Super Mario Bros Deluxe for the Gameboy color.

To enter the contest, simply reply to this thread saying what your favorite gameboy game is :) Any gameboy game from the classic up to the Advance.

winner to be determined based on that game selected, with the winner announced on May 18th at 5pm.

Thanks for participating in the contest!

Vipp
20-04-13, 11:52
The only game i have managed 100% on the gameboy is Gargoyles Quest!

so i choose Gargoyles Quest.

Leathco
23-04-13, 05:55
Favorite game boy game for me is Dragon Warrior 1 & 2. 2 great RPGs on one cart!

itsreallykevin
25-04-13, 02:14
My go to game was The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. I loved the fact that you character transfers over in Oracle of Seasons and vice-versa... I recently bought a GBC because it came with Ages

Burgertime
25-04-13, 02:20
My favorite is a very obscure title that my Grandfather introduced me to, and my Wife years later actually knew about. It's called Catrap.

drich255
02-05-13, 04:35
Great challenge, Focus! Too many great games to choose from! I am going to have to go with Tetris DX. I wish they had stuck with the original music, but I love how it saves high scores and your accumulative number of lines cleared.

Diagamblic
02-05-13, 08:09
I could pick Tetris or Zelda, but I really have to go with Donkey Kong (or Donkey Kong 94' to some) on the original Gameboy. This is the sequel that brought back the original Donkey Kong gameplay we all love with a twist! I was amazed to find out the game continued on past the original 4 levels when I first played it 18 years ago! Tons of levels, new moves, and a story to boot! I also had the Super Game Boy at the time which was specifically marketed with Donkey Kong. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0XaXl8GnUs

drich255
11-05-13, 05:06
Favorite game boy game for me is Dragon Warrior 1 & 2. 2 great RPGs on one cart!
Great choice, Leathco. I need to pick this cart up. While growing up, my brother and I played the crap out of DW1 on the NES.

My favorite is a very obscure title that my Grandfather introduced me to, and my Wife years later actually knew about. It's called Catrap.

I like your choice too, Burgertime. I can't remember if it was with RGR or not, but I only found out about Catrap recently. I bought it as a virtual console game on the 3DS.

I could pick Tetris or Zelda, but I really have to go with Donkey Kong (or Donkey Kong 94' to some) on the original Gameboy. This is the sequel that brought back the original Donkey Kong gameplay we all love with a twist! I was amazed to find out the game continued on past the original 4 levels when I first played it 18 years ago! Tons of levels, new moves, and a story to boot! I also had the Super Game Boy at the time which was specifically marketed with Donkey Kong. Check it out!

Diagamblic, I came close to picking DK. I also bought that on the virtual console for the 3DS and really enjoyed playing through the several unique levels. :GB

drich255
11-05-13, 11:17
The only game i have managed 100% on the Gameboy is Gargoyles Quest!

so i choose Gargoyles Quest.

Just looked up Gargoyles Quest. Looks great. I may have to get it for the virtual console. Thanks Vipp.

My go to game was The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. I loved the fact that you character transfers over in Oracle of Seasons and vice-versa... I recently bought a GBC because it came with Ages

Oracle of Ages and Season is supposed to be released for the VC for the 3DS at the end of May. I have played most of the Zelda games, but missed these. I look forward to them.

focusrs
17-05-13, 01:12
Remember, tommorrow Saturday at 5pm the contest ends and a winner determined :)

retroshaun
17-05-13, 11:05
Revenge of the Gator

indieseoul
18-05-13, 04:49
I'm going to go with Mario Kart Super Circuit simply because I play it the most these days.

bradofosho
18-05-13, 05:46
Kid Dracula all the way love that game!

Diagamblic
18-05-13, 05:53
Revenge of the Gator was my second pick! Definitely gets over looked compared to it's sequel's Kirby Pinball and Pokemon Pinball. Great game.

itsreallykevin
18-05-13, 10:33
5:33 pm... Didja choose?

focusrs
19-05-13, 03:44
Here is the results of the contest, congrats to the winner (please pm me to claim your prize :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r40Y__WYvOA&feature=youtu.be

bradofosho
19-05-13, 06:54
Blah I was so close :)

indieseoul
19-05-13, 07:44
congradulations!!! Ha ha nice homage to misspellings in video games. LOL

drich255
20-05-13, 07:15
So Focus, don't keep us in the dark. What is your favorite GB game?

focusrs
20-05-13, 12:12
So Focus, don't keep us in the dark. What is your favorite GB game?

Mr. Do :)

Leathco
22-05-13, 03:07
Cool, looking forward to some Lost Levels on my GBA SP!

Also neat idea on using the numbering to do the drawing, I had no clue how you were gonna do this one based off of game name.