PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ever Change

drich255
11-04-13, 07:51
RGR - don't ever change! I don't swear. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I am a pretty clean-cut guy. But I think your show is great. In this hyper-sensitive, politically correct world, there are not many places left where guys can be guys. Your show is one of the last bastions.

And when my daughters are old enough and I want them to understand how guys think, I'll have them listen to your show.

Gordon Bennett
11-04-13, 11:01
Well I do all of those and I love the show as well. I've never met anyone face to face who plays retro games, so it's a wonderful way to connect with a community of like-minded people.

What I love about it is that we all have a massive shared knowledge and experience of classic games yet we also each have our own individual tastes and passions. I think I did mention in the thread of the RGR top 100 I would have only included one were I to assemble my own list, but that, to me, is a good thing. Diversity is one of life's great joys, and the pleasures of being part of a retro gaming community include both sharing a beloved game and discovering new games to me, or learning about how a game I might pass over has brought happiness to someone else.

I also enjoy the swearing and the claims of the great leg-opening powers of Stetson.

Vipp
11-04-13, 11:56
I also love the RGR podcast for how it is made and the freedom they have to make an original recording. This podcast has saved me from the terror of 13 hour coach rides to Scotland and back for the best part of nearly 2 years. It has also helped me endure what i can only describe as a life altering experience of deep depression. I really do wish the best for our three hosts and hope this podcast stays the same as our retro games, much loved and praised by us guys. (now im off to wipe my brown nose) lol.

SubaruBrat
11-04-13, 12:05
RGR - don't ever change! I don't swear. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I am a pretty clean-cut guy. But I think your show is great. In this hyper-sensitive, politically correct world, there are not many places left were guys can be guys. Your show is one of the last bastions.

And when my daughters are old enough and I want them to understand how guys think, I'll have them listen to your show.

WOW! Best endorsement ever! That one had me grinning ear to ear. As much as we burp phart and cuss I hope the take away is that we would give the shirt off our backs to help out a fellow gamer.

focusrs
11-04-13, 12:58
It is a really great podcast, especially when you get to know the hosts. I remember discovering the podcast back when Gamegavel.com was just starting out as ChasetheChuckwagon.com. I have been a long time user of Atariage.com and remember seeing this post anouncing the new gaming auction site ChasetheChuckwagon.com. After signing up to the site I discovered the owner also was in a gaming podcast. one thing lead to another and I became hooked!

Was a avid background listener for quite some time then last year I attended my first Live News and became even more involved with the show and the three hosts that I consider really close friends now. It also gave me the chance to make more great friends like Indieseoul, Septic Lemon, Vipp, Burgertime, Leathco, Nurmix and many others (However I have a really soft spot for Septic Lemon, he is so much fun to harass that posh bastard :) )

Now I have to go and put on my Stetson and harass the wife :)

indieseoul
11-04-13, 02:01
I love the show because of it's cast of wacky hosts. Socal Mike the man that will put anything down his pants after a couple of girlie drinks but at the same time helped me get my first Atari 2600. Scott for his hour long rants about the space program and why camel toes in space suits are not realistic. UK Mike who likes to go dogging on the weekends, wears women's clothing and is just an all around funny guy. Not to mention the wonderful community on these forums where I have met so many interesting talented and completely bat shit insane fellow retro gamers. Everyone here is really quite mad. I mean that from the bottom of my glass of scotch.

Also the show is very informative is filled with awesome interviews and I always look forward to listening every month.

So don't ever change guys we enjoy your 7 hour epic casts filled with fart jokes, off color humor and Socal Mike.

GameGavel
11-04-13, 04:23
I'll second that! Thanks for the kind words. This show is an outlet for us to talk about stuff we love while acting like teenagers again. If only for a few hours each month :) And we are glad people enjoy listening.

WOW! Best endorsement ever! That one had me grinning ear to ear. As much as we burp phart and cuss I hope the take away is that we would give the shirt off our backs to help out a fellow gamer.

Nurmix
11-04-13, 05:10
It's great the way you feel like you're hanging out with your video gaming friends when you listen. It's down to earth and real, while simultaneously being educational and funny.

And the in depth interviews that go beyond the usual banal and canned questions are unsurpassed.

All the individual segments you guys do, the editorials, the bits and pieces in between just add to the experience. And of course Live News is the icing on the cake.

Those 6-8 hours go by very quickly - to hell with those who say the podcast is too long! Keep doing what you're doing and we will all keep listening, and contributing when we can (which is a pleasure and honor to do, by the way).

Thanks guys!

Leathco
14-04-13, 03:36
Im surprised at some of the itunes reviews griping about length. Apparently those virgins cant handle a good, long, hard podcast.

I love going into work, being able to put on a podcast I can listen to my whole shift. And its great re-listening to old ones to discover new things I missed the first time around.

LovelyWong
14-04-13, 09:05
I enjoy the show every month. The reviews, the top 10's, the hardware flashback which gives great technical information, the news, the opinions, the interviews with the designers and engineers, the announcements about shows, etc.
I like that Socal goes through the swaps and reports live about what he finds and buys.
I also like that there is a UK side to the show from UK Mike and the jokes we get to hear from his end.
All in all it is a great podcast. Try getting any thing like this from CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. If those guys did mention anything about this podcast, it would probably be nothing more than a 15 second soundbyte which would do nothing more than inform us of the podacast's existence. And further, how much video game news (modern day or retro) do these guys give us anyway? They ususally only mention video games when there is negativity connected to it but that is another story for another part of this forum.
Keep up the good work.