PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Bay Area!

Jon Osorio
14-02-13, 04:26
Hey everyone,

My name is Jon and I am 27 years old. I have been a long time listener and fan of RGRU and have just finally got around to getting in the forums. So hopefully we can all have a good time.

focusrs
14-02-13, 04:56
welcome to the party! bwah ha ha ha

Vipp
14-02-13, 07:00
Welcome to the forum Jon!

Jon Osorio
15-02-13, 12:12
Thanks guys!

Nurmix
15-02-13, 04:49
Welcome to the forums! So, I see from your profile you are a game tester. I always thought that would be a fantastic job. Is that a full time gig?

retroshaun
15-02-13, 02:07
Hey Jon! I lived in the Bay Area for 5 years up until last April. Looks like I will be moving back there for work very soon (next weekend in fact!). I may end up living not too far from you, we are looking at the Sunnyvale kinda area. Welcome to the forums!

Jon Osorio
15-02-13, 05:17
Welcome to the forums! So, I see from your profile you are a game tester. I always thought that would be a fantastic job. Is that a full time gig?

It is a cool job. No it is not full time for me due to it being a project to project thing. Most of the time it is fine but everyone and awhile project dry up and I won't work for a week or two which sucks.

Jon Osorio
15-02-13, 05:18
Hey Jon! I lived in the Bay Area for 5 years up until last April. Looks like I will be moving back there for work very soon (next weekend in fact!). I may end up living not too far from you, we are looking at the Sunnyvale kinda area. Welcome to the forums!

Right now I live in San Jose but my job is in Sunnyvale. I did live there for a bit too and it is a great place if you have a family.

retroshaun
15-02-13, 10:33
Who do you work for in Sunnyvale then? I dont know of many games companies there but theres a lot in Mountain View and surrounding areas. I worked a lot in the SF area up until last year, now it looks like I am returning. I have been in games dev on and off for about 13 years.

Jon Osorio
16-02-13, 12:43
Who do you work for in Sunnyvale then? I dont know of many games companies there but theres a lot in Mountain View and surrounding areas. I worked a lot in the SF area up until last year, now it looks like I am returning. I have been in games dev on and off for about 13 years.

I work for a third party QA company called Pole To Win America. We were the first u.s. branch of a Japanese company. We usually don't do huge title and many do smaller stuff from companies that don't have their own QA.

SubaruBrat
16-02-13, 01:18
Interesting job, welcome!

Jon Osorio
16-02-13, 01:27
Interesting job, welcome!

Thanks! (Also thanks for moving this to the right spot)

retroshaun
18-02-13, 01:42
I work for a third party QA company called Pole To Win America. We were the first u.s. branch of a Japanese company. We usually don't do huge title and many do smaller stuff from companies that don't have their own QA.

Cool. Probably better that way - I hear QA / tester on large projects is insanely dull. I know from the bug reports they send us every day that they must be excruciatingly bored to be sending, let alone finding, such ridiculous 'problems' with the games! :)

Jon Osorio
18-02-13, 09:44
Cool. Probably better that way - I hear QA / tester on large projects is insanely dull. I know from the bug reports they send us every day that they must be excruciatingly bored to be sending, let alone finding, such ridiculous 'problems' with the games! :)
It can get that way. But if you know what your doing you can make most projects fun. Just need to be creative. I like doing it.

Jammajup
02-03-13, 08:19
Welcome Jon