PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming contest to win a Atari Flashback 4!!!!!

focusrs
10-11-12, 06:46
I need Socal, Miner2049er and SubaruBrat in on this to discuss what type of contest could be ran for this SEALED Atari Flashback 4 system. I found some of these today and decided to buy a extra one for the RetroGamingRoundup show.

Would be good as a promotional contest to spread around the various websites :)

What I like about this particular Flashback is it finally has Space Invaders on it! plus Tempest! Also inside is the limited edition Asteroids poster and the two infra red joystick controllers.

I plan on doing a review of the system (one I purchased for myself) and post on my youtube channel.

Aidy
10-11-12, 08:40
Want! Is Pitfall on it?

SepticLemon
10-11-12, 10:02
Nice... I'd love to enter this!

Want! Is Pitfall on it?

I'm pretty sure that Pitfall appeared in older versions of the Flash Back

SepticLemon
10-11-12, 10:06
Want! Is Pitfall on it?

Ah, no it isn't. It was included on the FlashBack 2, but was removed on the FlashBack 3, and it appears to be not included on the FlashBack 4.

SubaruBrat
11-11-12, 01:03
An essay contest, the topic, what is retro. The best case gets the game! That is my thought.

focusrs
11-11-12, 02:03
Want! Is Pitfall on it?

No Pitfall, it was only on the Flashback II system. Keep a eye out though because I have a Flashback II system as well that will be a future prize :)

focusrs
11-11-12, 02:11
Here is the unboxing Vid for one of the Flashback 4 units I picked up today.

Overall, it is ok. I dont like the lag in the games that can use paddle controllers, and was very bummed out that the version of space invaders was not the atari 2600 version. but at least it was space invaders. Tempest is only one level.

I still prefer my Flashback 2 over this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcC9twwZC8

Leathco
11-11-12, 07:21
I'll prolly try to compete in this one. I bought a Flashback 3 earlier this year, and my local Walmart still carries the 3, but not the 4. I missed out on 1 and 2 as well as 2+

Vipp
12-11-12, 12:22
I will be in this comp, i have a void in my life that could be filled with this atari flashback... and medication... but the flashback would be a large chunk of that void filled. when will we find out what we have to do to enter the comp? im excited

focusrs
12-11-12, 04:01
I will be in this comp, i have a void in my life that could be filled with this atari flashback... and medication... but the flashback would be a large chunk of that void filled. when will we find out what we have to do to enter the comp? im excited

Just waiting on what Socal and Miner2049er have to say on what to do for a contest. So far SubaruBrut has suggested a essay on "what is Retro" with the best one winning the System. I would imagine entries would be judged by the 3 RGRU hosts :) Im just offering the prize up for the show.

SubaruBrat
12-11-12, 04:09
I will poke the Mikes.

miner2049er
12-11-12, 10:46
Am essay seems like a good idea and we'll put all entries on our blog and credit the authors.

GameGavel
12-11-12, 08:59
I like the essay idea too. Shall we set a word count if we do this?

focusrs
14-11-12, 01:03
cool, a Essay contest. Maybe make it a least 100 words? Start its own thread in the contest forum with the contest rules and when it ends? Perhaps announce it on the show to see about getting more listeners into the forums? Announce the winner in the december show and perhaps do a reading of the winning entry?

Just a few Ideas, Have a great Live News today! I wont be able to attend, was hopeing to hear if Socal had any luck with the Jeff Minter Tempest T shirt.

Vipp
19-11-12, 01:15
is this comp started? i can't wait to enter.

Gordon Bennett
20-11-12, 12:36
You got Asteroids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up8siWU92yI

focusrs
10-12-12, 09:49
is this comp started? i can't wait to enter.

dont know. i guess if the guys want to do itand there is enough interest i could come up with the contest rules and start a thread on it.