PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear demo and Super Mario Bros in eshop

Leathco
17-02-12, 01:54
Ok, bad news first. 3ds has started their nes games ported with Super Mario Bros. at 4.99, more expensive than just buying the cart.

Good news, a demo for Metal Gear Solid 3D is also out, and a worthwhile play. Check it out!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

tomtom2play
18-02-12, 02:41
There is a lot of whining about frame rate on some other sites, but, I didn't have a problem with it.

GameGavel
18-02-12, 06:23
I played some of the MGS demo today. I remember there used to be a field of vision on the map screen for the enemies. If you stayed out of their field of vision they wouldnt see you. Am i missing something or or is this fild of vision aspect gone? Other tha that it seems pretty good.

retroshaun
19-02-12, 07:40
Picked it up but didnt "unwrap" it yet. Never liked the original but I am prepared to give it another go :)

random_dave
20-02-12, 12:14
I played some of the MGS demo today. I remember there used to be a field of vision on the map screen for the enemies. If you stayed out of their field of vision they wouldnt see you. Am i missing something or or is this fild of vision aspect gone? Other tha that it seems pretty good.

As MGS3 is set in the cold war there's no Soliton radar or nanomachine technology yet

You should have a motion detector and a sonar that are selectable items, which on 3ds display on the bottom screen but use up snakles battery power while activated

I only finally played right through MGS3 last year (ps2) and don't think i used the radar/sonar once, just binoculars to work out what was going on in an area (or climb a tree and spy from there), and then careful sneaking through the grass

Wasn't convinced by the 3ds one, it jsut didn't feel 'right' and my eyes hurt from whatever it does when it changes into the 1st person aiming mode and turns off the 3d