PDA

View Full Version : Fixing O.G. GameBoy brick LCD screen 'lines'

random_dave
10-02-12, 03:26
I seem to remember either reading a thread that mentioned busted gameboys at swap meets etc, or one of the podcasts, but can't remember where

Either way, I thought I had better stick this guide up for anyone that doesn't know the quick fix for this issue

Yet another fine page from the great resource that is mmmonkey (http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/dmg01/lines.htm)

miner2049er
10-02-12, 03:43
Good tip.

SubaruBrat
13-02-12, 01:53
If only we knew that back then, I threw away at least two for missing lines, and that was pretty common.

teknohed
28-02-12, 05:48
I have the gameboy I got as a kid still. It doesn't have any lines thankfully, but this is a great resource none the less.

retroshaun
29-02-12, 12:13
Yeah thats funny I was gonna say I never ever saw one with the failing screens. I still have my original one someplace and AFAIK its still OK. Been a long time since I looked tho!

SepticLemon
27-05-12, 06:14
Mine only has one missing line that and it's the second columnfrom the right hand side of the screen, so it's not a huge issue for me, but my friend's GB has missing lines all over it, maybe with this I could fix it for him, heh.