PDA

View Full Version : Hi, there. I'm the new guy. You probably saw me coming in, there's enough of me...

dominoid
15-12-11, 12:36
Evening all from the (not particularly) sunny shores of Plymouth, UK. I've just recently discovered this place as a result of the podcasts. Someone on the retrogamer.net forums tipped me off to the podcast and I'm currently working my way through them, there's a LOT to catch up with though so I'm thinking it's gonna take me a little while!

First episode I listened to was "rechanging the very great flip flonk" and as a direct result of that, I now want a PC-Engine when I'd never even thought about it before, so my girlfriend doesn't like you as much as I do (she's seen how much they go for on eBay)

retroshaun
15-12-11, 02:04
Welcome! Another Brit - always a good thing! :-)

I don't envy you finding time to listen to all the shows though... I have a hard time keeping up month to month!!!!!

random_dave
15-12-11, 03:20
Welcome, I am another Brit that is also trying to get up to date with the archives, I've reached episode 12, whilst also keeping up to date with this and my other shows, fortunately i've been saddled with a lot of the dog walking recently which gives me a good 4 hours or so to listen.

I managed to get my PC engine (Core Grafx2) 2 years ago with a tennokoe unit modded to output composite video and RGB scart over a standard PlayStation cable, and it came from Japan for about 40 with delivery and they threw 3 (admittedly a little pants) games in, so be patient and you should get the deal you're after eventually

Nurmix
15-12-11, 11:25
Evening all from the (not particularly) sunny shores of Plymouth, UK. I've just recently discovered this place as a result of the podcasts. Someone on the retrogamer.net forums tipped me off to the podcast and I'm currently working my way through them, there's a LOT to catch up with though so I'm thinking it's gonna take me a little while!

Welcome!

This thread was becoming a little too British, so I felt you needed to be welcomed by a Southern California, USA native. Yes RetroShaun, I know you live in San Francisco, but that only half counts!

Nice to see you in Live News chat today too, Dominoid. You had some funny comments.

It took me nearly a year to work through the shows after I found out about RGR at the Classic Gaming Expo 2010. It was worth putting in the time though. Always entertaining.

retroshaun
17-12-11, 12:05
Glass half full... or is that half empty? I am always gonna be a limey Nurmix! :-)
And no thread can ever be "too British"! Hehe!

SubaruBrat
17-12-11, 02:46
Always glad to see more of our UK cousins here. We are very serious about doing a UK event in 2012, with CGE and MAGFEST now on the calendar we can get serious about finding a time.

dominoid
17-12-11, 08:56
If you're looking at UK retro shows then it's worth looking at replay, probably the biggest and it's been best received the last few years from what I've seen. I went to CGE UK when it was on Croydon a few years ago and that was great.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk