PDA

View Full Version : My arcade

SubaruBrat
30-10-11, 02:51
Thanks to the topic of the Oct show I finally got a video up.....

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/videos/scottarcadewalkthrough.htm

Leathco
30-10-11, 05:01
Very nice indeed scott!

tcv
30-10-11, 08:04
Enjoyed it!!!

Burgertime
30-10-11, 10:04
If I'm able to make it to the next arcade party, I'll bring along my video camera and see if we can get some crisper pictures to put up on the site. I've got a Panasonic HDC-TM700, and this thing will do 14.2MP still shots and records video in HD. That's such a fantastic setup you have! I can't wait to have my own house with a basement so I can set up my consoles and make room for a few arcade machines. Hearing the recent segments about home arcades have really been some food for thought.

Your Ice Cold Beer is different from the one that Pinball Wizard has. I believe there's is a smaller version, but it's just as addicting.

SubaruBrat
30-10-11, 10:20
There are two types, the original Taito which was marketed also as Zeke's Peak for "family" locations. And ICE produced Ice Cold Beer again with essentially the same size playfield but with a much taller cab and that big mug of beer marquee. Room for a ticket dispenser and bill acceptor was added as well.

Video was OK when shot but Youtube and FLV really downgrades it.

wongojack
31-10-11, 09:21
Wow - are you insured for that? That stuff is probably worth as much as your house!

retroshaun
01-11-11, 07:14
Insuring old video games is kinda tough from my experience. Its all "old" and not usually recognized as "collectibles" or "antiques" by most insurance companies. Also kinda hard to get a valuation on this stuff, especially for consoles, home computers etc. Would like to know if other people have different experiences?

Nurmix
01-11-11, 08:56
That's a thing of beauty (almost brings tears to your eyes).

Those machines are lucky to have someone like you as their caretaker, Scott.

Kudos!

NL-Mike
02-11-11, 02:30
Thanks for the video! I've been curious to see your home arcade ever since I started listening to the show.
It looks like a great place!

Chris
02-11-11, 02:42
Nice job Scott, loved the video, would love to check it out in person sometime!

Trebeck
03-11-11, 10:15
Yah thanks for that Scott. Great job.

kynrek
07-12-11, 03:17
Has anyone topped my score on your Galaga machine yet?