PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked up a 3DS, thoughts so far.

Leathco
17-09-11, 04:55
Finally got around to picking up a 3DS. Its the teal one, which I think looks pretty good all things considered, though I usually go with black when I have a color choice. No games yet, I'll prolly pick up Zelda and Starfox in the coming weeks, as well as the 3D Excitebike and 3D Xevious.

The 3D effect is decent, kinda disorienting at first and disorienting after I'm wrapping up watching a 3D video.

Netflix is a good addition to this thing. I like streaming from the bedroom, kinda like with an android device.

Kudos to Nintendo for both including a cheap dock in the box they could have sold as an accessory, as well as improving the stylus.

Horrible idea to add on a 40 dollar second disc pad to this thing. Makes the console bigger and increases cost. Not sure I'll get this addon.

Battery life is poor. I do good to get 4 hours.

E-Shop prices are kind of nuts. These old GB games should be 1.99 at most, not 5 or 6 bucks. And where is the NES, SNES, and GBA games? I may not be an Ambassador or whatever, but you'd think by now I could pick up some VC games that are on the wii store on my 3DS.

The AR Card games are crazy good. Nintendo NEEDS to release more of these. Even if its something as complicated as buying a 3DS cart with a pack of cards in order to get it to work. These games show innovation, something not seen in many other games like the Star Fox and Zelda rehashes (even though I'll still buy em)

Dhalamar
17-09-11, 08:10
I saw one of those for a hundred bucks on Craigslist recently, ALMOST picked it up.

But then I realized there's shit I wanna add to my computer. lol

indieseoul
17-09-11, 08:32
though I usually go with black when I have a color choice.

Once you go black you......spend tons of time cleaning smudge marks? I think that's how the old adage goes. Congrats on your new purchase. Do you have a review of it on your youtube channel yet?

Leathco
18-09-11, 12:21
Once you go black you......spend tons of time cleaning smudge marks? I think that's how the old adage goes. Congrats on your new purchase. Do you have a review of it on your youtube channel yet?

Not yet, I'm gonna hold off on a full review til I got a few games for it. Trying to give it a fair shot, cuz right now its looking sorta average....I love the AR games, Netflix is nice, browser needs work....Ill prolly buy Xevious and Excitebike tonight though, and next week either Zelda or Starfox.

Leathco
21-09-11, 12:19
Picked up PacMan/Galaga Dimensions for 20 dollars at Wal-Mart. The Galaga games (3d impact and Legions) were really good, very impressive indeed. PacMan CE is always good, bug I wasnt a huge fan of PacMan Tilt.

Bama-Buddy
09-10-11, 07:13
I think I'll get one around Christmas time just because of the upcoming Super Mario and MArio Kart games coming out. I was hoping that Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario were coming out this year but that will not be the case. I think the problem with the 3DS is that there are not a lot of great games for the system. It should have had at least 4 or 5 great titles on launch day. Hopefully Nintendo will get their act together and get better games released soon.

Burgertime
09-10-11, 08:35
I think my only complain about the price of the Eshop games stems from our current view of the GB games themselves. We have emulation and a means to get these games for cheap used, neither of these put any money into Nintendo's pockets. I'll agree that the prices should be a little lower on certain games, but maybe to about $3-4.

So far I have 7 games for my system.
-Super Street Fighter IV
-Dead or Alive Dimentions
-Blazblue
-Ocarina of Time
-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
-Pilotwings
-Nintendogs (for my wife)

I'm really hoping that Atlus ends up making a Etrian Odyssey IV for the system. If Capcom turns around with the whole Mega Man fiasco, I'd like to see a Battle Network or Star Force collection.

thedan
13-10-11, 09:48
I also picked one of these up recently, got it at a local game shop with store credit from trade ins I got off Craigslist and at tag sales. Brand new unit ended up costing me $35 in cash which turned into $170 of store credit. So far I've just played with the stock games and the freebie Zelda 4 Swords. I'm planning on playing Mario 3DS when it comes out and then potentially cracking open the device and to see what kind of fun stuff can be done with the hardware.