PDA

View Full Version : Pac Man & Galaga Dimensions

GameGavel
28-07-11, 09:02
Pac Man & Galaga Dimensions - BUY IT - In the GameGavel Store - http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000536624

I picked this up today and am enjoying it. Six games including both original Pac Man and Galaga all with different 3D game screens. You really feel like you are standing in front of the arcade game or sitting at a cocktail table playing these. Looks great. The other games include Galaga Legions, Galaga 3D Impact (on rails 3D shooter, pretty nice seeing the Galaga aliens in 3D goodness!). Also includes a very snazzy looking Pac Man Championship Edition and Pac-Man Tilt (my least favorite of the package). All the menus and music are great! And even has a 30th Anniversary 3D Pac Man move. Alas, no multiplayer. Why? But a def pick up although $40 is a bit steep. If you grew up with these than it should be a no brainer. The best portable versions yet.

Chris
29-07-11, 02:09
I have it Socal and I'm loving it. I actually got it for $30, it's on sale at Best Buy and Toys R Us. Since we're already friends, I'll see you on the scoreboard man!

tcv
29-07-11, 02:43
That 3D Galaga looks well worth the price of the 3DS.

GameGavel
29-07-11, 02:49
Holy Crap! Galaga Legions is awesome too! I probably would have paid $40 just for it. Gorgeous!

Chris
29-07-11, 04:50
That 3D Galaga looks well worth the price of the 3DS.

That one is actually my least favorite, seemed uninspired and made me motion sick. Everything else in that package though is great. I have to be honest, I didn't expect this to be a good game at all. It is far surpassing my expectations. Love the options to view the Pacman/Galaga originals from the arcade/cocktail views. Galaga Legions is awesome as well, I never played that before. Pacman CE, this is my first experience with that and I'm loving it. The high scores are instantly shared amongst friends who also own the game, fully integrated from the start like it always should've been.

Spin
29-07-11, 11:43
This title plus the price drop.
I will finally get to play Pacman CE yeah!
A real reason to get the 3DS

SubaruBrat
29-07-11, 12:31
I was worried about the price and timing, I was thinking shovelware but this is a slick title offering more than I expected.

miner2049er
29-07-11, 03:34
I am getting tempted now and they are on offer near me but come with no games.

I have my DS Games of course but I want to keep them all on a flash card like I do now which I guess will get zapped when it goes online.

Chris
29-07-11, 11:53
I am getting tempted now and they are on offer near me but come with no games.

I have my DS Games of course but I want to keep them all on a flash card like I do now which I guess will get zapped when it goes online.

C'mon, I need to be friends with Earl on my 3DS, it's in my contract!

miner2049er
29-07-11, 11:59
Haha!

I will look in town tomorrow at the offers there but I might pick one up used for the same price as the upcoming price cut.

Not sure. With Ocarina on top it's still a big outlay.

Chris
30-07-11, 01:11
Scott, have you upped any scores? I'm not seeing you in the standings yet.

SubaruBrat
30-07-11, 02:10
I just look at the pretty pictures, you Wont see me in any rankings.

DragoonMog
31-07-11, 04:26
This looks really cool. This will be one of the first games I pick up for the system when the price drops.:PAC

GameGavel
02-08-11, 07:54
Check out my review of Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions:
http://www.gamegavel.com/reviews/2011/08/02/review-pac-man-galaga-dimensions-3ds/

drthielegood
22-08-11, 02:36
Wow....Thanks for the review Mike. I may actually buy and have a reason to play a 3ds game.

Bob

Todd1780
22-08-11, 08:59
I guess I'm the only one who was disapointed with this package.....