PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Los Angeles

Nurmix
22-07-11, 05:20
Hi All.

I've been listening since I picked up a free CD at the RGR booth at last year's CGE (2010). And no, I wasn't the guy who picked up spindles of CDs...
;-)

Anyway, after listening to the episodes on the CD, I was hooked, and, as time allowed, I tried to catch up on what I'd missed. I'm on #34 right now, hoping to get current before EGC 2011, which I'm attending.

A little bit about me... I grew up in El Segundo, CA, and was an avid gamer from the early home pong systems, then on to the 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 8-bits, then a selection of other systems, including the NES, Genesis (yes, it was a GENESIS to me, although I must admit that Megadrive sounds cooler), then Atari ST, STE, Falcon, Jaguar, PS2, and some PC gaming as well.

I managed to be a rather "anal" kid, and held on to most of my toys, and kept them in excellent condition, so the majority of my classic gaming collection consists of the originals from childhood; although I've certainly augmented my collection with additional finds and purchases over the years (including some ultra-rare 2600 LA thrift shop prototype finds).

These days, I'd say my favorite retro system is the Intellivision, followed by the Atari 8-bit computers. I haven't bought any of the current consoles (not since the PS2 anyway), although I'm contemplating it. But being married, with a 2 year old son, running my own computer consulting/repair business, and trying to squeeze in time for my other interests like composing and recording electronic music, and VWs, I don't exactly have an abundance of free time. But I game when I can.

I could go on, but I'll just end this now by saying I'm looking forward to meeting all the RGR fans who are attending EGC 2011. I'm sure it'll be a blast!

See you all in Las Vegas...

tcv
22-07-11, 04:55
Welcome!

retroshaun
22-07-11, 05:45
Welcome - and see you in Vegas. I'll be the drunk guy stumbling around and playing pinball REALLY badly :)

Nurmix
22-07-11, 11:53
That could very well be me too!

Welcome - and see you in Vegas. I'll be the drunk guy stumbling around and playing pinball REALLY badly :)

miner2049er
28-07-11, 01:04
Welcome, and it's great to see our CDs having the desired effect.

Nurmix
29-07-11, 08:22
Welcome, and it's great to see our CDs having the desired effect.

Indeed.

You had me at drunken M.U.L.E.