PDA

View Full Version : Xevious 3D is out this week to download (Europe)

SepticLemon
18-07-11, 07:06
Oh yes, one of my many favourite shooters from Namco is coming out in 3D for the 3DS this week in the eShop in Europe.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9863/xevious.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/xevious.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

There's no announcement yet if the US will get it this week though. It'll be priced at 6/5.40, which to be honest is a little pricey but considering that Nintendo released the NES version (such an inferior version) of this game on the GBA 7 years ago with a crazy 15 price tag! 5.40 isn't so bad, heh.

GameGavel
18-07-11, 07:58
Please tell us what you think after you get a chance to play it. I love Xevious, too!

SepticLemon
19-07-11, 01:40
Now if only they Release Galaga 3D, lol, I'd be so up for that, hehe. Then again Galaga, Galaga Legions, and Galaga 3D Impact is included with the Pacman+Galaga Dimensions that coming out this August.

http://cdn2.spong.com/pack/p/a/pacmangala348642l/_-Pac-Man-Galaga-Dimensions-3DS-_.jpg

tcv
19-07-11, 04:12
So, is it an arcade port that works with the 3DS's technology? Or is it a re-done Xevious?

SepticLemon
19-07-11, 07:50
So, is it an arcade port that works with the 3DS's technology? Or is it a re-done Xevious?

A bit of both, it'll be like the free Excite Bike 3D that we got when the eShop was open. pretty much it's be Xevious, but made to fit the 3DS screen, as you can see in the picture above they added more stuff to the sides of the screen. And there will be depth perception, things on the ground will feel far away rather than a flat image like the old game.

tcv
21-07-11, 12:45
A bit of both, it'll be like the free Excite Bike 3D that we got when the eShop was open. pretty much it's be Xevious, but made to fit the 3DS screen, as you can see in the picture above they added more stuff to the sides of the screen. And there will be depth perception, things on the ground will feel far away rather than a flat image like the old game.

Orignal music?

SepticLemon
21-07-11, 01:37
Orignal music?

Possibly, Excite Bike 3D had it's original sound and music, then again I haven't seen a video of it, so unless Namco has changed anything audio-wise, I won't know until I try it out tomorrow.

GameGavel
25-07-11, 12:10
I just picked this up and am blown away! The depth of the screen is amazing and plays perfectly with both air and ground targets. It is still amazing to me that we are playing in 3D. A 3D Donkey Kong arcade is my dream. Please Nintendo, please. This is a no brainer purchase if there ever was one!

SepticLemon
25-07-11, 01:23
Well, I got it too. I like it, but it's not quite Arcade perfect, even though it's not meant to be due to the 3D effect. But the rapid fire in this seem a bit intense, even compared to the Arcade edition, it's a bit insane, and what's worse, that's on "Rapid-Slow". I Wouldn't even know what "Rapid-Fast" mode is, lol.

tcv
25-07-11, 02:52
I just picked this up and am blown away! The depth of the screen is amazing and plays perfectly with both air and ground targets. It is still amazing to me that we are playing in 3D. A 3D Donkey Kong arcade is my dream. Please Nintendo, please. This is a no brainer purchase if there ever was one!

Huh. That's some high praise. Now, I wanna see it.

I don't see, though, how a 3D Donkey Kong would work as well? Xevious definitely had some pseudo-3D elements, but Donkey Kong?

GameGavel
25-07-11, 04:16
Imagine if the girders had some depth. It would look awesome I think.

Huh. That's some high praise. Now, I wanna see it.

I don't see, though, how a 3D Donkey Kong would work as well? Xevious definitely had some pseudo-3D elements, but Donkey Kong?

SepticLemon
25-07-11, 08:38
You know would would blow my mind in 3D?

After Burner and Space Harrier :D

YEEEEEEEAAHAHHHHHH BOYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

GameGavel
25-07-11, 11:53
Ya, those go without saying! Bring'em on!

You know would would blow my mind in 3D?

After Burner and Space Harrier :D

YEEEEEEEAAHAHHHHHH BOYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!!!!