PDA

View Full Version : Hail from the frozen wastelands of Finland

Brumisator
17-06-11, 09:43
Howdy folks!

I just finished listening to the RGR backlog, and I'm adding my name to the list of people who just crave more and more of this. And after Scott, Mike & Mike constantly pestering me to sign up on these forums, I finally gave in and joined. You can now stop plugging the forums, I'm here (hardy har har).

So, about myself, I'm in my late 20s, I've lived here and there in the world, from France to South Africa amongst others, but I'm back in my native land of Finland now. I don'T know if I'm the 1st (I somehow doubt it), but maybe you can add another nationality to your list. The 1st game I played lost its name in the mists of time, but I remember it was a side-scrollingerish game where you dropped bombs from a plane onto little cities in the landscape...I believe the year was 1987 or 88.
I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer nowadays (with exceptions to my Wii and DS), although I did have a master system back in the day, and later on an Amiga 500+...which I sold in South Africa...damn I wish I'd kept it. I play a lot of modern games, but quite a lot of retro stuff too. I can't say I have much fondness for the really old stuff like Coleco Vision or the Vectrex...being such a youngling, but I still love hearing about all that stuff.

I discovered your fine podcast in December 2010, when my formerly favourite podcast stopped: Retronauts from 1UP. They basically said "hey, if you need more retro podcasting, check out these guys". I wish they'd done it sooner, tough. Retronauts and Retro Gaming Roundup are very different in content, style and hosts, but RGR hadily wins my love mostly thanks to its highly informative content, instead of just being a recollection of "hey, remember when...".

Listening to the backlog in about 6 month was a neat time-lapse of the show, I'm so very glad that it's more alive than ever.

I can't wait to hear your E3 interviews. Keep up the good work RGR crew!

GameGavel
17-06-11, 11:13
Welcome and good timing. You came in while recording this months Top-10 so ya gots yourself a special mention in this month's show :) Glad you are enjoying the show and cool to know we have at least one listener in Finland (Hey, that is the name of Jimmy Buffett's 2011 Tour).

SubaruBrat
18-06-11, 02:01
Love Finland, lots of great WRC rally drivers from there. Welcome to the show and enjoy!

Dhalamar
18-06-11, 06:24
I discovered your fine podcast in December 2010, when my formerly favourite podcast stopped: Retronauts from 1UP. They basically said "hey, if you need more retro podcasting, check out these guys". I wish they'd done it sooner, tough. Retronauts and Retro Gaming Roundup are very different in content, style and hosts, but RGR hadily wins my love mostly thanks to its highly informative content, instead of just being a recollection of "hey, remember when...".

Outside opinion of Retronauts aside, subscribe to them on iTunes because they kinda "rebooted" with a live call in show. :) And did you ever listen to Retroforce Go?

Brumisator
18-06-11, 12:40
Me? mentioned on the best part of RGR, the top 10? WHoohoo! I'm famous! I'm gonna tell my mum!

@ Scott: I used to live in Alsace, in France, on the German border, Sebastien Loeb (the dude who dared dethrone the Finnish rally hegemony) is a good friend of a friend of mine.

Thanks you all for the welcomes, and Thanks Dhalamar for pointing those out, I'll give them a twirl soon.

Dhalamar
18-06-11, 12:44
Me? mentioned on the best part of RGR, the top 10? WHoohoo! I'm famous! I'm gonna tell my mum!

Thanks you all for the welcomes, and Thanks Dhalamar for pointing those out, I'll give them a twirl soon.

Well, Retronauts you should be able to find. The entire library of RetroforceGo is slightly harder. heh Not to plug myself by any means, but I went through a hell of a lot of hassle to make sure I got the complete archive of that show here http://wastedseconds.com/?p=5415 :P

It's quite a bit of a different format than RGR, and well worth listening to. :)