PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Gloucester, MA

MrFrumble
31-05-11, 05:00
Hello Everyone,
Big fan of the show. I tried listening a while ago and thought that the show length was a typo. However, I finally gave it a chance and I've been enjoying it. I've listened to 1-8 and 27-31.

I was pretty much out of gaming completely once the Dreamcast rode off into the sunset. I have no I idea why I have got back into it, probably because I now have a house and corner in the basement to keep my gaming stuff. My main interest is the modern 8-bit to the Dreamcast. I have picked up Xbox1/PS2/GCN stuff for cheap at yard sales this spring because I missed out on that era. I don't have any current generation stuff but have my eyes out for good Wii bundle on craigslist.

I love arcades and have great memories of playing Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat II every weekend with my friends during the twilight of the arcade era. I'm lucky that some of the few remaining arcades are not too far from me. I recently picked up my first (and probably only) arcade cab (http://srobhall.imgur.com/konami_boot_camp#LowPT) that I eventually want to add a MAME option to.

Thanks for all the work that goes into the podcast!

miner2049er
31-05-11, 05:42
Welcome to the forums, and this isn't the first time my length has been a problem.

I got all excited when I saw Gloucester but IO guess it's just another one you ripped off from the good ole UK. ;)

Now go and listen to 9-26.

MrFrumble
31-05-11, 05:53
If you were to drive around this corner of Massachusetts, it is full of doppelganger town names: Manchester, Essex, Ipswich, etc...

tcv
05-06-11, 03:00
Welcome from me, too, but I also wanted to chime in because I miss MA. I used to live in Billerica. I miss the people up there a lot.

SubaruBrat
05-06-11, 03:42
A pig driving a pickle, thats so carazayyy.

Burgertime
06-06-11, 01:21
If you were to drive around this corner of Massachusetts, it is full of doppelganger town names: Manchester, Essex, Ipswich, etc...

Greetings and welcome from Ipswich! :) That's where I currently live.

MrFrumble
06-06-11, 04:14
Hey Burgertime, do you have an insanely huge game collection and had a yard sale last year where you sold off a bunch of it?

Burgertime
08-06-11, 05:31
You're correct on having a huge collection, but the day I sell my stuff off would be when my wife would probably commit me to a hospital for insanity. Wish I could of been at that yard sale to buy stuff up 0.o

MrFrumble
08-06-11, 04:40
Yeah, it was pretty insane, I got there at the end of the day and there was still a ton of stuff. I picked up a SCPH-1001 Playstation, a N64, a dreamcast controller, and genesis 6-button controller. He told me he had sold off more than one top loading NES for $10 earlier in the day.

Edit: After witnessing me starting to collect games again, my wife is starting to look for mental hospitals.