PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Noire

Flare
16-05-11, 11:41
Anyone picking up this game? I'm getting my copy first thing tomorrow. I loved GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption. I'm certain this new Rockstar title will not disappoint.

Giantbomb just posted their review of the game. 5 stars! (http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61-21500/reviews/)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/LA-Noire-Box-Art.jpg/250px-LA-Noire-Box-Art.jpg

Dhalamar
17-05-11, 03:12
GTA and RDR are specifically the reasons I'm going to skip it for a while. Just never have been able to get into Rockstar's games starting with GTA 3. I always end up playing them, but ultimately not for very long.

retroshaun
17-05-11, 07:04
My friend worked on it (lead animator I think)...
I'm pretty excited to pick it up but likely I will wait till I can grab a copy a little cheaper.

Be sure to post your thoughts!

GameGavel
17-05-11, 07:21
We are playing the game this week - got review copies from RS :) Our review should follow end of week/weekend I think. Looks like it is going to be a winner!

hiphopcr
18-05-11, 04:23
GTA and RDR are specifically the reasons I'm going to skip it for a while. Just never have been able to get into Rockstar's games starting with GTA 3. I always end up playing them, but ultimately not for very long.
Same here... but this game looks to be in a different vain. A smarter, less violent GTA?

nmsis1985
19-05-11, 02:10
Ordered my copy from Amazon, so will have to wait until next week. Never bough RDR and didn't enjoy GTA4, but I've got high hopes for this.

indieseoul
19-05-11, 03:37
I heard it's a great game if you enjoy old graphic adventure style games. Apparently RockStar bought this game from a company that had been developing it for over 7 years but hadn't finished it. RockStar also used some new kind of tech to capture facial movements more accurately to help overcome the "uncanny valley" problem. I heard from the bombcast podcast that its a long game and fills up a whole blu-ray or several xbox dvds and that they actually had to cut it short so I'm sure there will be tons of DLC in the future. I will definitely be checking it out. This is not a GTA style game in fact if you like GTA you will hate this game. None of the mindless running over of prostitutes. Can't wait for the review you guys are doing.

Flare
20-05-11, 10:24
I've been playing it pretty much non-stop for the last couple of days. I got the Xbox 360 version and it spans 3 DVDs.

I don't know what case I am and how many there are but I know I'm already at Disc 3, and loving the damn thing! Every minute of it.

Indeed, this is not GTA 1947; it shares some of its gameplay and it also takes some of the gameplay from Phoenix Wright.

The game has some incredible chases. And yeah, the facial animation looks fucking incredible. It's almost unnerving.

One of the best games I've played this year.

Dhalamar
20-05-11, 10:28
Until the next Rockstar game comes out, then that'll be the best. :P

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

GameGavel
22-05-11, 03:42
So far liking this game alot. Just promoted for the first time to detective and starting that case. It eases you into the controls and game mechanics and each case is better and better.