PDA

View Full Version : COD Black Ops in 1 in 8 U.S. Households

hiphopcr
22-03-11, 04:03
LINK (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1155421p1.html)

I have 2 copies http://smssosb.dailyforum.net/users/16/16/90/smilies/whatto10.gif

It's also the best selling video game of all time at nearly 14 million (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1154974p1.html)!

Leathco
23-03-11, 05:43
I doubt its really in 1 of 8 us households. It may be in 1 out of 8 households of people polled or something, but at least in my area, not many of us own a copy.

Dhalamar
23-03-11, 06:21
I have it, mostly to see what all the fuss was about.

It's our yearly Call of Duty game, nothing much has changed. I have a strong feeling the reason people like it so much is because it's GREAT for people who are either new or (like me) are complete garbage at shooters. I've played the thing online for less than 2 hours TOTAL and in Free for Alls I typically place at LEAST 3rd among people who have played it 10x longer than me.

There's no excitement, there's no real challenge in the multiplayer except in certain game modes. There aren't even any real fire fights because you can down someone with a gun 99% of the time without even breaking pace. While one would think that'd be realistic, nothing else about the game is anywhere near it. The weapons all sound like shit. The gameplay itself has barely changed since 3 (and it STILL runs off of a heavily modified id tech 3 engine). And they don't even TRY with the single player anymore. Running through that it seems like they just stuck a bunch of ideas on a wall and started throwing numbered darts.

Thankfully I didn't get it new, I got it for the price it SHOULD be at (I got it for $15 at a pawn shop).

hiphopcr
23-03-11, 11:09
It's a good game. Mechanics are solid, there's a ton of modes, and zombies could be a stand alone game. It's as deep and requires at least as much communication and teamwork at Left 4 Dead.

Zombie mode is the main reason I have two copies (and 2 xboxes... and 4 xbox live accounts haha). I have a group of guys come over a couple nights a week to play.

Dhalamar
24-03-11, 07:36
It's a good game. Mechanics are solid, there's a ton of modes, and zombies could be a stand alone game. It's as deep and requires at least as much communication and teamwork at Left 4 Dead.

Zombie mode is the main reason I have two copies (and 2 xboxes... and 4 xbox live accounts haha). I have a group of guys come over a couple nights a week to play.

I've tried the zombie mode in both WaW and Blops ... pathetic. Zombie games that are well done and not running off of a garbage engine? Left 4 Dead and Dead Nation are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Especially L4D since the replayability on the PC is ... well ... FREE and infinite. lol

And if you are that easily impressed with crap, why shell out every single year for Xbox Live with you could do one of two things : the best option, PC versions since you obviously have a PC if you're posting here. And if (like me heh) getting the PC hardware to handle the game is a bit cost prohibitive, the PS3 version of the game supports ALL the same shit with the same overpriced map packs and you don't need Xbox Live Gold. heh

Dead Ops Arcade is pretty cool ... though not worth owning that entire game for. If they made it a separate downloadable game on XBLA, PC or PSN I'd get it in a heartbeat. But this is Activision we're talking about here. They don't even stick the map packs into their Game of the Year Editions. They just slap the label on it and they're done with it.

hiphopcr
24-03-11, 04:01
Ok, well the easy answer is I'm on Xbox LIVE because that's what all my friends are on. And like I said, I have a group of buddies that come over (literally, in person) to my house a couple times a week for zombies. How are you gonna pull that off on PC? I have 2 xboxes, 2 copies of the game, 2 tvs, 4 controllers, and 2 couches ready at all times :)

How far have you got in zombies? I skipped WaW, but zombies on Blops sucked us in. It is surprisingly deep and the levels are incredibly well thought out. It's supplied us with infinite laugh out loud and screaming moments.

Dhalamar
24-03-11, 04:17
Ok, well the easy answer is I'm on Xbox LIVE because that's what all my friends are on. And like I said, I have a group of buddies that come over (literally, in person) to my house a couple times a week for zombies. How are you gonna pull that off on PC? I have 2 xboxes, 2 copies of the game, 2 tvs, 4 controllers, and 2 couches ready at all times :)

Ermm ... LAN play? I'm guessing you've never heard of that? lol It's a beautiful thing, even though the developers kind of screwed it being that you HAVE to be connected to the internet logged into Steam to use it.

But no lag, no worry that Xbox Live will go down, and an immensely better experience on the PC than a console could ever do.

And not that far into zombie mode just because it bored the shit out of me almost immediately.

hiphopcr
24-03-11, 06:14
PC lan party? Ok, all we need is to buy 4 high end PCs, 4 copies of the game, and take apart, transport, and put them back together every single time we want to play. Wonderful solution! :rolleyes:

The first 5 rounds of zombies is a slow burn. It's all about building points for later use. Things don't get cooking til Round 10.

And I know I haven't been here long, but I perceive you have a problem with Xbox and Xbox LIVE in general :p

Dhalamar
25-03-11, 02:55
PC lan party? Ok, all we need is to buy 4 high end PCs, 4 copies of the game, and take apart, transport, and put them back together every single time we want to play. Wonderful solution! :rolleyes:

The first 5 rounds of zombies is a slow burn. It's all about building points for later use. Things don't get cooking til Round 10.

And I know I haven't been here long, but I perceive you have a problem with Xbox and Xbox LIVE in general :p

I've never had problems transpoirting my PC places. It's actually pretty easy to do. Esepcially nowadays since we don't have humongoid 500 pound CRT monitors anymore. lol

And nope, I love the Xbox. It's just kind of a waste paying for MULTIPLE Xbox Live accounts. heh

hiphopcr
25-03-11, 02:55
Oh, well in that case I have the Xbox LIVE Family Gold pack, which is $99 a year and you get 4 accounts.

Dhalamar
25-03-11, 09:50
Ah, alright. :P

Trevor Wagner
30-03-11, 12:19
I can't say that the number sounds completely accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if the number was close to that.

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the game, but to each his own, I suppose.