PDA

View Full Version : Retro Gaming Roundup turns 2, Leathco sings, this could get ugly.

Leathco
12-03-11, 02:12
The challenge was laid down: listeners come up with a Happy Birthday song for the podcast to celebrate their second anniversary. And, to my shock, NO ONE has done it yet, to the best of my knowledge. I won't take this laying down! I came up with some changed lyrics to the classic Happy Birthday song (some rather tightly shoehorned in), and sang it......on YouTube. Heaven help us all. It's now up and online at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgirQPpcjDw

LYRICS (don't read if you wanna just see the vid, prolly more funny when sang in my horrid singing voice)

Retro Gaming Roundup is two.
Old school games are not through
So many more top tens to do.
So happy birthday to you!

UK Mike is now drunk
SoCal uses words like thunk
The other Mike says Mario 64 is Junk
All other podcasts smell like spunk

SubaruBrat
12-03-11, 03:15
So now I am a Mike too?

Leathco
12-03-11, 03:27
......I fucked up.

Blame the downhome punch -ve been drinking this evening.

SubaruBrat
12-03-11, 03:33
Save some for us.

BydoEmpire73
12-03-11, 03:36
I started laying down bass and guitar tracks a week or two ago, but I haven't had time to work on it since. Nice job, Leathco!

GameGavel
12-03-11, 03:44
Sweet. You get a prize :) Do I have your address? If not PM me and something will be on its way!

The challenge was laid down: listeners come up with a Happy Birthday song for the podcast to celebrate their second anniversary. And, to my shock, NO ONE has done it yet, to the best of my knowledge. I won't take this laying down! I came up with some changed lyrics to the classic Happy Birthday song (some rather tightly shoehorned in), and sang it......on YouTube. Heaven help us all. It's now up and online at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgirQPpcjDw

LYRICS (don't read if you wanna just see the vid, prolly more funny when sang in my horrid singing voice)

Retro Gaming Roundup is two.
Old school games are not through
So many more top tens to do.
So happy birthday to you!

UK Mike is now drunk
SoCal uses words like thunk
The other Mike says Mario 64 is Junk
All other podcasts smell like spunk

GameGavel
12-03-11, 03:51
It's on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RetroGamingRoundup

Leathco
12-03-11, 03:55
Cool Bydo! I cant wait to hear yours. I have a drumset you might see in the background, but didnt see a good way to lay down a drum track to the classic birthday song.

Suburu, have ya tried the downhome punch yet? Its good stuff, I got a couple six packs of it and some mikes hard lemonade to wash down my everclear. Im reviewing the sgc dvd on youtube right now, the set is 5 or 6 hours long so I figured Id take advantage of the wife and kids being out to relax a little. Still cant beleive I screwed up and added a third Mike instead of Scott though....wow bad mistake.

Ya Ill PM ya my addy if ya need it, you may have it though, my username on gamegavel is also leathco and -ve bought from ya a few times.

Leathco
12-03-11, 03:55
Edit for double post. Oops.

Edit again, the Screwattack Gaming Convention 2010 DVD review is up at www.youtube.com/sentinelcl, hope I wasn't TOO buzzed when doing the recording and make a major mistake like I did making the RGR birthday vid. I actually am scared that I'm gonna watch that one tomorrow when I am fully sober and cringe at my voice, hehe. I also PMed SoCal.

So, other than mine and the one Bydo is doing, any other forumers working on a birthday song for the crew?

miner2049er
12-03-11, 10:45
LOL, at least you didn't sing badly in front of the whole world.

Oh....

Leathco
12-03-11, 06:09
LOL, at least you didn't sing badly in front of the whole world.

Oh....

I keep telling myself its not the whole world, just the poor souls that stumble upon that video. I'm still more ashamed of the fact that I called Scott Mike than my singing ability.......which......when listened to sober......yea, it's bad.