PDA

View Full Version : Cheap awesome titles on Live

JoshWright
02-02-11, 01:10
I go through and search titles all the time, and I've found some really good cheap games, that I highly recommend.

Chtulhu Saves The World. - Done in a style similar to early Dragon Warrior carts on the Nes, this game gives you control of some awesome characters, including your main protagonist, Cthulhu himself, to redeem himself and the peoples of the land. The gameplay is really well handled here, and seems to capture both the actual fun of these games, as well as poking fun at the genre in general. It runs 800 live points, and is seriously worth it. I finished the game in just under 10 hours, and that was cutting corners. I really think any classic fans of the old turn based rpgs will have a great time with this.

Doritos Crash Course- I could not have expected the level of fun I got out of this. The game basicly puts your character/avatar on a ninja warrior style obstacle course, and gives you medals for completing it in a certain amount of time. So far, there are only three levels, but each one offers its own style of challenges. Good for everyone who likes a platformer, I'd say give this one a try. It can;t hurt, its free.

X-men Arcade/ Turtles in Time - Two classic beat em up's hosted on the live service, both retain the arcadey goodness of the originals. Turtles in time has been updated with new graphics, and looks amazing. The classic X-men still harkens back to hours of woebegone quarters, and dead sentinels as far as the eye can see. I loved both of these, and at 400 points a piece, they are still worth every digital penny.

South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play- A tower defense game with an increasingly infuriating difficulty. I really liked how it worked elements of the show into the game, as well as making a really good, challenging tower defense game. It also has a metric crap pile of bonus content, including unlockable characters, master levels, and clips from the actual show. This is one of the more pricey titles and will set you back 1200 live points, but is well worth it.

Also, X-box live tends to pander to us classic gamers with a line up of older titles like Castlevania- symphony of the night, The first soul calibur, A few of the SNK fighters, the sonic games, and my personal favorite, the Worms Series. Every title here is something I own, and would love to play with any of the other forumites. Check it out, when you get the chance.

Dhalamar
02-02-11, 03:50
Dorito's Crash Course
Family Game Night (I bought "Sorry" for my daughter when it was on sale)
Puzzle Fighter HD
Doom
Outrun Online Arcade
Galaga
Zombie Apocalypse
Magic the Gathering
TMNT 1989
Castle Crashers
Matt Hazard Blood Bath and Beyond
Uno
Pinball FX
Astropop
Geometry Wars
Geometry Wars 2
Chime
Puzzle Quest
Space Invaders Extreme
Altered Beast
Final Fight Double Impact
Super Contra
Contra
Aegis Wing (free horizontal shooter)
Golf : Tee it Up!
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter
Ikaruga
TMNT Turtles in Time
Trials HD
Yaris
Triggerheart Excelica
Jewel Quest
Wolfenstein 3D
Smash TV
Puzzle Bobble Live
Defense Grid
Peggle
Shadow Complex
Invincible Tiger
Robotron 2084
Pac-Man Championship Edition
Time Pilot
Streets of Rage II
Warlords
Monkey Island SE
Frogger
Madballs Babo : Invasion
Gauntlet
The Maw
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD
Luxor 2
New Rally-X
Pac-Man
Feeding Frenzy
Mr. Driller Online
Rez HD
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga Legions
Dash of Destruction
Golden Axe
Soul Calibur
Wik : Fable of Souls
Boom Boom Rocket
Duke Nukem 3D
Vigilante 8
Hexic HD
Marathon Durandal
Worms

And I don't feel like going through and listing the indie games, because I've got close to 200 of them. I've reviewed a good chunk of them on my site though.

And on PSN, due to limited hard drive space (I've only got a 20GB hard drive in there, and with the goddamn mandatory installs from most games I'm very limited)

Modern Combat : Domination
Uno
Dead Nation
Battlefield 1943
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
DeathSpank
PixelJunk Shooter
Shatter
Anarchy Rush Hour
Section 8

And PSN Minis
N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
Age of Zombies

wongojack
02-02-11, 06:14
Some great indie games that are also super cheap include:

Soulcaster for 240pts ($3) - think Gauntlet with a lot more interesting gameplay

Breath of Death VII 80pts ($1) - top down rpg aka Ultima. This one is filled with humorous text from the characters

Globe Clicker 240pts - find the spot and click it on the globe. Enough variety to really teach you some geography

Bricks4Ever 80pts - will make you want to attach a spinner to your 360. There is no need to pay for another classic game in this genre when you can get this one for $1

Ninja Bros 80pts - platform and puzzle solving gameplay with brightly colored ninjas!

Avatar Drop 80pts - physics-engine, test kind of game where your avatar and up to 3 others fall through various hoops yelping and bouncing around as they gain speed. Laugh with your family as you play this for seconds (maybe even minutes) at a time. You'll get your dollar back in giggles.

Gerbil Physics 80pts - (apparently there is also a sequel for 80pts) Throw stuff at a stack of blocks with Gerbils on them as they make endearing little noises.

wongojack
02-02-11, 06:19
X-men Arcade/ Turtles in Time - Two classic beat em up's hosted on the live service, both retain the arcadey goodness of the originals. Turtles in time has been updated with new graphics, and looks amazing. The classic X-men still harkens back to hours of woebegone quarters, and dead sentinels as far as the eye can see. I loved both of these, and at 400 points a piece, they are still worth every digital penny.

X Men arcade is 800 points and so is Turtles in Time Re-Shelled. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade is 400pts. I'm watching every week for X men to go on sale for 400pts, so if that happens I'll try to post here.

wongojack
11-02-11, 06:00
Another good indie title is Decimation X - 80pts for a really nice Space Invaders update

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Decimation-X/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025855040a

Duke.Togo
11-02-11, 10:54
Shoot1up is a fun Indie game, only 80 points.