PDA

View Full Version : Digital: A Love Story

Flare
31-12-10, 05:26
I don't know who else here follows Giantbomb.com; personally it is my favorite modern gaming website.

They have a thing at the end of each year where each host shoots a video/podcast of their favorite 10 games of the year.

They had a guest this year (EA's Paul Barnett) and he listed this game as his top 10 games of the year.

http://i.min.us/idRTz0.png

Digital: A Love Story is an hour-or-so-long interactive novel set in 1988 that takes place entirely inside a fake Amiga Workbench-esque OS, in which you visit and interact with BBSs in order to progress the story.

I'm intrigued by it. Has anyone here tried this?

thedevilbunny
08-01-11, 01:41
Wow that sounds interesting...sorta like a real life version of the "Neuromancer" or "Hacker" games from back in the day. I'm definitely gonna check this out.

miner2049er
08-01-11, 01:09
Never heard of it, but I'm grabbing it now.

BydoEmpire73
08-01-11, 02:33
Our project lead at work loved that game and has recommended it to me a bunch of times. Haven't been able to DL yet, though. He says nothing but great things. Gotta check it out one of these days.

chalksalad
09-01-11, 08:39
...because it's so simple. It took me an hour to complete and I was totally immersed in the story. Every time I dialed I was dead scared that something was going to go wrong.

The whole Amiga look and feel makes it a must for any Commodore fans out there.