PDA

View Full Version : 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

GameGavel
28-12-10, 03:28
IGN game this a 9 / 10 and it turns out it appears to be a very short run on this game, and a fantastic game at that.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1140602p1.html

Try and hunt one down before the price on these gets out of hand. I found one copy at my local GameStop for $34.95 and picked it up.

Flare
28-12-10, 05:37
How's the game? Is it like an RPG? Or a "find stuff" type?

GameGavel
28-12-10, 04:49
How's the game? Is it like an RPG? Or a "find stuff" type?

Hey Flare,

I am going to spend some time with it today and will report back. From what I have read, it's like an interactive novel, lots of reading and various areas where you take control and try to get out of weird situations via puzzle solving. It has been getting rave reviews so really looking forward to seeing what it is all about.

random_dave
29-04-12, 09:14
Just wanna give another shout out for this

I'm nearing the end of my second run through (first time i got the "Bad Ending" so i'm gunning for a better one) and as soon as i start playing it I'll be hooked for the rest of that day, occasionally snapping the DS into sleep mode to do something useful like wash, but then it'll be straight open again.

On subsequent runs through you can super speed through story sections that you have previously read, so it makes it less daunting to run through again, and I've just made an alternative decision that's now opened up a whole load more story about one of the characters, and the background to why/how/where it is all happening, that i didn't get from the first playthrough.

If there's any fans of graphic adventures, sound novels or even text adventures I highly recommend you get it, to everyone else i standard recommend it.

I love the fact i can sit eating dinner and with one hand be able to hold the DS and scroll through text and do some of the puzzle solving all whilst the other hand is free to shovel food in me gob.

I can't wait to get the sequel on the Vita, a: because Nintendo are jackasses and region locked the 3ds, but b: DAT HIGH-RES TEXT ON THE VITA SCREEN

retroshaun
29-04-12, 05:28
I see copies on fleabay for under $30..... wondering if I should pick it up

random_dave
30-04-12, 03:36
I've bought it twice now, as i gave my original copy to my girlfriends sister for xmas, and then needed to replace it, so in all i've spent basically $60 on it and have zero regrets

reached another ending at lunch, was really amazed how different the two playthroughs turned out to be, went straight into a third

Nurmix
08-05-12, 11:02
...as soon as i start playing it I'll be hooked for the rest of that day, occasionally snapping the DS into sleep mode to do something useful like wash, but then it'll be straight open again...

...I love the fact i can sit eating dinner and with one hand be able to hold the DS and scroll through text and do some of the puzzle solving all whilst the other hand is free to shovel food in me gob.

Ah, the joys of NOT being married...

retroshaun
08-05-12, 11:32

Yup - almost remember those happy days. Not quite, but almost :)

random_dave
09-05-12, 03:17

I live with my long term girlfriend, i just ignore her a lot ;)

Also, i think I'm just wrapping up the final ending that i needed to complete the 6 possibilities, and have preordered an import of the sequel, just gotta wait till october for it

Nurmix
09-05-12, 05:04
I live with my long term girlfriend, i just ignore her a lot ;)

I used to live with a long term girlfriend before I met my wife. She was extremely tolerant of my gaming, not complaining when I would play endless hours of GTA Vice City and San Andreas on the PS2. Of course we eventually broke up, but I can't tell whether the gaming had anything to do with it.

Unfortunately, that stuff doesn't work with a wife - at least not mine (or Retroshaun's, apparently)...

miner2049er
09-05-12, 06:00
Women. Can't live with 'em .......

That's it really.

tomtom2play
13-08-12, 01:29
I saw this thread pop back up a few weeks ago and ended up trading for this game using www.swap.com/media , I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it.
It really reminds me of the choose your own adventure books from the eighties, many different paths and endings.

Flare
22-01-13, 03:15
Damn... I was looking around the forums for a particular post and I find this thread where I asked what this game was about...

2 years later, I rediscover this game and finish it. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

tomtom2play
03-02-13, 02:47
Are you playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? It is the follow up to 999 on Vita/3DS.

Damn... I was looking around the forums for a particular post and I find this thread where I asked what this game was about...

2 years later, I rediscover this game and finish it. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Flare
19-02-13, 03:19
Are you playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? It is the follow up to 999 on Vita/3DS.
I have a 3DS, but I hear the Vita version looks and plays much nicer. Sadly, I don't have a Vita :(

tomtom2play
20-02-13, 02:14
I have a 3DS, but I hear the Vita version looks and plays much nicer. Sadly, I don't have a Vita :(

Maybe we will get a price drop like Japan....

drich255
18-04-13, 07:36
This is the kind of game I never would have discovered on my own. Thanks for the great recommendations!