PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Coast Pinball Expo 2010

retroshaun
09-10-10, 05:16
Better late than never!

Last weekend I attended the Pacific Coast Pinball Expoo here in Northern California (literally a mile from my home!).

Another fantatsic show - probably the best out of the last 4 I have been to. They had more games and a lot more vendors and speakers. Unfortunately as I had my daughter with me (see pics!) I didnt get to many of the lectures but the few I did attend were first rate.

I particularly enjoyed the etremely thorough lecture on pinball restoration (which is also extremely relevant to video game restoration) and Doug Watson, a premiere pinball artist who discussed his work on some iconic pinball games such as Terminator, Indiana Jones, Black Knight 2000, Demolition Man (what a great story that was!) as well as a bunch of unreleased / undeveloped games.

My daughter fell in love with Atari Video Pinball too, which means I now have another family member on my side when it comes to talking the wife round to a "new addition" to the garage arcade!

Enjoy the pics...

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/retroshaun/PacificPinball2010/

Duke.Togo
10-10-10, 04:48
Wow, thanks for posting the pics. I'll have to peel through more of them later, but those wood rails were gorgeous. Did you get a chance to play that Stern Quicksilver? I've never got to play one myself, but I love the artwork on it. If I ever find one reasonably priced it will be mine.

GameGavel
10-10-10, 04:29
Thanks for taking all those pics. I will have to get up there next year for sure.

retroshaun
10-10-10, 05:47
Wow, thanks for posting the pics. I'll have to peel through more of them later, but those wood rails were gorgeous. Did you get a chance to play that Stern Quicksilver? I've never got to play one myself, but I love the artwork on it. If I ever find one reasonably priced it will be mine.

Yes I did - loved it, love the artwork too. I have to admit I missed out on a lot of games I really wanted to have a go on. I was planning on attending the full 3 days but life got in the way a little and I only managed one day. Did you guys spot Jeri Ellsworth in the pics? She was there doing a panel on the last day but I missed out... sounded like it could be very interesting.

retroshaun
10-10-10, 05:48
Thanks for taking all those pics. I will have to get up there next year for sure.

You should, its a blast and of course theres my garage arcade just across the street! Could be a mini-meet if we can get a couple others to make the trip too.