PDA

View Full Version : Good UK Arcades

seanyboyuk
25-09-10, 04:14
To me the uk arcade scene is dead since consoles have arrived.
I can never recall having a regular arcade i would visit in Manchester, there was always a bundle of machines in the corner of a pub or club etc. Going to a big arcade would be visiting the sea side like Blackpool etc and there wasnt any title that stood out on its own to want me keep dropping coins in.

Id like to see a huge retro arcade be setup somewhere in the northwest and a one pay play all scheme would work i think. Anybody feel this way we are missing out over here?

miner2049er
25-09-10, 06:49
There are Arcade cabs at the Lass O Gowrie pub on Oxford Street where they have retro nights every month, and Affleck's Palace also have some I think.

Somebody mentioned another pub that has some pinball machines though they weren't all working when they visited.

seanyboyuk
26-09-10, 06:47
Theres a big arcade in the Trafford Centre but its mainly token redemption and modern games. Would be nice if they had a retro corner!

lestat1uk
27-09-10, 08:32
If you happen to end up in the butt end of England, or Ramsgate as it is better known as, there is this place :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bd86DrtTvo

as i live in the area i want to go and check it out, but they are mainly open weekends, when i am working. Looks great tho'.

miner2049er
27-09-10, 10:33
I've been to Ramsgate!

When the hovercrafts to France used to leave from there before they switched to Dover.

lestat1uk
27-09-10, 04:05
I've been to Ramsgate!

When the hovercrafts to France used to leave from there before they switched to Dover.

Sounds like you were in Ramsgate when it was at it's best, my mum used to work in the arcades there so i spent plenty of time in them. If you see Ramsgate now it is really horrible, that pinball museum looks like an oasis in a desert of crap.