PDA

View Full Version : Usernames

seanyboyuk
25-09-10, 04:05
Not seen a thread on here but would anybody like to start sharing their ps3 usernames so we can add each other and look out for each other online and play some games?

SRG
25-09-10, 06:16
I am rarely on my PS3 but here is mine GreenLantern93

Duke.Togo
25-09-10, 10:22
Mine for PS3 and 360 is Jack Crow 2004.

SRG
26-09-10, 12:52
Oh mine works on 360 too, which I am nearly always on ;)

Dhalamar
01-10-10, 03:39
360 - Dhalamar
PSN (which ... my PS3 out of commission for the time being due to the hard drive crapping out) - DhalamarWS
Steam - Dhalamar
Wii - I have no idea. The last time it even got turned on was when the girl I'm borrowing it from got SMB 1 from Nintendo for free. I hooked it up long enough to enter the code and download the game. Actual gaming? ... maybe for about half an hour when Excite Bike World Rally came out.

Just if someone adds me, send a message saying where from or whatever, because I generally ignore friend requests from random yahoos on the services. :P

seanyboyuk
01-10-10, 08:18
Whats wrong with your hard disk?

If you installed a new one into the ps3 its an easy fitting process and the formatting is dead simple. The ps3 auto detects new hard disks and goes through the setup on screen with you. You cant go wrong.
You might want to see if you can format your existing ps3 hard disk in either a laptop or external hard disk enclosure before considering binning it. You can also pick up sata to usb cables extremely cheap for a simple connection to your pc. Try formatting it to FAT32 on your pc then plug it into the PS3. Failing them options check out the brand on the hard disk it may have some warranty left depending on how long you have had it for! You may get a free exchange. Mines a Toshiba drive.

Dhalamar
01-10-10, 08:50
Whats wrong with your hard disk?

If you installed a new one into the ps3 its an easy fitting process and the formatting is dead simple. The ps3 auto detects new hard disks and goes through the setup on screen with you. You cant go wrong.
You might want to see if you can format your existing ps3 hard disk in either a laptop or external hard disk enclosure before considering binning it. You can also pick up sata to usb cables extremely cheap for a simple connection to your pc. Try formatting it to FAT32 on your pc then plug it into the PS3. Failing them options check out the brand on the hard disk it may have some warranty left depending on how long you have had it for! You may get a free exchange. Mines a Toshiba drive.

It's the stock hard drive (160GB) ... when I turn the system on it says my drive is corrupted and needs to restore everything, and it just goes through that restore process endlessly. :P

Dhalamar
01-10-10, 09:20
Now that I think about it, I could probably just take the hard drive out of it's encasement for my old 360 and stick it in there (would probably have to format it on the computer, but whatever). 20GB is better than nothing, and all those things are ... they're 2.5" SATA laptop hard drives.

seanyboyuk
01-10-10, 10:22
Try that indeed it might work! As a last resort defo give it a shot of connecting it to a pc most probable cause is a corrupt partition. Maybe caused by switching off during a save or update? Your username & purchases are backed up online. You will just loose your save files so you havent got much to loose.

Dhalamar
02-10-10, 01:55
Yeah, save files aren't a big deal (I got it working. WITH the original hard drive. Power button trickery. lol) ... mostly because I've beaten most of the games I've played, and the ones I didn't beat I wasn't very far into.

But yeah, my PS3 is back. I found out the ONLY downloadable titles I own for it are :

Medal of Honor (PS1)
Hot Shots Golf 2 (PS1)
Section 8
PixelJunk : Shooter
Mortal Kombat II
Anarchy : Rush Hour

... and that's about it.

And the only disc based games I've got are ...

Killzone 2 (beaten)
Resistance 2
Heavy Rain (beaten)
Uncharted : Drakes Fortune ... though I don't know where it is right now. (beaten)
and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

I do plan on getting Scott Pilgrim and Fat Princess eventually though. Maybe Joe Danger ... gonna try the demo.

When I actually have the money to GET them. :\

SRG
02-10-10, 02:13
Joe Danger is really a disapointment, not like ExciteBike or Trial HD. More of a rythmic button pressing game crossed with a puzzler :( A few levels so play like Excitebike, but most are just about racking up the most trick points ala Tony Hawk or Burnout

Dhalamar
02-10-10, 02:50
Eh, I'm still gonna give it a try. I've heard two people (one on a podcast and another just suggested it out of the blue) talk about it. Can't hurt to try a demo in the least.

Maybe if it goes on sale for cheap enough or somethin' sometime.

Right now it's downloading "Anarchy : Rush Hour" ... not a bad little game once you get past the fact that it's no Need for Speed. heh

Dhalamar
02-10-10, 04:24
Oh ... I have Street Fighter 4. *shrug*

Dhalamar
02-10-10, 05:12
Wow ... what're the odds. After spending HOURS redownloading what little I have for the PS3 and having to wait for this and that update (due to Sony's shit servers) it flakes out again. This thing is getting shoved off into the junk pile. Fuck Sony.

seanyboyuk
02-10-10, 11:29
ive ordered 2 new games, the simpsons and sega sonic racers. my next 2 pre orders are little big planet 2 and raw vs sd 2011. Its a shame sony dont try to make an xbox live of their own but knowing sony and their greed they would over charge for such a service so its best to keep things free.

Dhalamar
02-10-10, 08:01
ive ordered 2 new games, the simpsons and sega sonic racers. my next 2 pre orders are little big planet 2 and raw vs sd 2011. Its a shame sony dont try to make an xbox live of their own but knowing sony and their greed they would over charge for such a service so its best to keep things free.

Uh ... what do you think The Playstation Network is?

seanyboyuk
02-10-10, 09:38
It doesnt feel like a community to me. Its like you play online thats it.

Dhalamar
03-10-10, 02:11
It doesnt feel like a community to me. Its like you play online thats it.

Well, it's basically got everything Xbox Live and Steam has, except for cross game chat and maybe a few other nitpicky things. heh