PDA

View Full Version : Another DS / DSi question

oldgames
18-09-10, 03:43
I have both a DSi and an original DS. I found a super deal on the DS, so I couldn't pass it up.

I can't really see keeping both, unless the DSi really offers something the the DS doesn't.

Can anyone convince me one way or the other? What does the DSi give me that the DS doesn't. I mostly just play games, so I'm not seeing an appreciable difference myself.

Duke.Togo
18-09-10, 04:04
The only gaming difference would be DSiware downloadable games, which you can't do on regular DS.

Chris
18-09-10, 04:06
I have both a DSi and an original DS. I found a super deal on the DS, so I couldn't pass it up.

I can't really see keeping both, unless the DSi really offers something the the DS doesn't.

Can anyone convince me one way or the other? What does the DSi give me that the DS doesn't. I mostly just play games, so I'm not seeing an appreciable difference myself.

Well, I would say the Dsiware is pretty great. That's the downloadable dsi-only games. You can't get those on DS and I'd personally hate to miss out on stuff like Pictobits and Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon.

At this point though, I'd wait for the 3DS. It will likely have dsiware as well and there are still things that are unannounced about the 3DS. In 11 days, we will find out more details.

spauldingd
18-09-10, 04:22
My son has both as I got a great deal on a DSi after he broke the case of his DS. We then fixed the DS with a cool new translucent green case so he has both. The screen on the DSi is slightly bigger and the DSi has the camera and toys that let you play with the images. He posts pictures to my facebook page with it which is kind of cool when you are 10 years old. My advice would be to keep the DSi and sell the DS and wait for the 3DS.

Dave in Des Moines

oldgames
19-09-10, 04:10
If the downloads and camera are the main advantages, I think I'd be ahead to sell the DSi. I can get more for it and the DS has the advantage of playing GBA games as well. I think that's more of advantage to me than the downloads.

Thanks for the info.

meu2
19-09-10, 08:38
In my opinion there is little reason to invest in the DSi at the moment. The DS lite is cheaper, has better battery life and GBA compatibility compared to the DSi, plus the DSi will most likely be superseded within the next six months by the 3DS.