PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Wall Decals

GameGavel
10-09-10, 08:08
@Thinkgeek
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/dfc1/?pfm=Carousel_AtariDecals_1

Cyberhawk
11-09-10, 01:18
Man, sometimes I wish to be a bit older, in order to actually remember all those
ancient games. Only 8-bit games I've ever played as a kid are for the NES.

Dhalamar
11-09-10, 03:32
Man, sometimes I wish to be a bit older, in order to actually remember all those
ancient games. Only 8-bit games I've ever played as a kid are for the NES.

The first ACTUAL console I used (played with a Pong machine) was the Atari 2600 ... but this was after the NES came out. Couldn't afford an NES, so my mom got Atari 2600 stuff at yard sales because lots of people were getting rid of them due to the Nintendo. :P

I can STILL play Asteroids with the same shit eating grin I had when I was 5 and 6.

Dhalamar
11-09-10, 03:33
Holy crap that's expensive.

Cyberhawk
11-09-10, 12:24
You played with Pong machines? Man, I only seen those in videos and on photos :-D
I still managed to see some pretty early games though, so there will be some
stories to tell to my future children, when they will fire up their Playstation 7 or
whatever will be out then.

IG-88
13-09-10, 03:56
Hell, my first home console was a Sears pong system. (wish I still had it)

I remember getting the 2600 for xmas the 1st yr it came out and was astonished at it's graphical capabilities!! :J

spauldingd
13-09-10, 04:53
You played with Pong machines? Man, I only seen those in videos and on photos :-D

Hey you kids, get off of my lawn! 8-)

We got our APF Pong system for Christmas in 1977. Greatest present we ever got as kids. I don't know how my parents kept it a secret, I just remember opening it and couldn't believe we got a Pong. We played the hell out of that thing and since we only had the one television, my parents were just awesome about how much they let us play. Our machine also had a light gun game on it that was simply magical that such a thing was possible.

Dave in Des Moines

Cyberhawk
13-09-10, 09:10
Hey you kids, get off of my lawn! 8-)

We got our APF Pong system for Christmas in 1977. Greatest present we ever got as kids. I don't know how my parents kept it a secret, I just remember opening it and couldn't believe we got a Pong. We played the hell out of that thing and since we only had the one television, my parents were just awesome about how much they let us play. Our machine also had a light gun game on it that was simply magical that such a thing was possible.

Dave in Des Moines

Yes! Light guns were pure magic back in the day. Shooting outlaws and ducks on the NES almost never got old :-D