PDA

View Full Version : Rgr 2.0?

Leathco
23-08-10, 10:45
So over on the RGR homepage its saying August is gonna bring in RGR 2.0? Are we looking at major format changes? Obviously the top 10 is still around. Wanna give us listeners a sneak peek at the changes? Please? Pretty Please?

:MM:

SubaruBrat
23-08-10, 10:51
The gist is that we now have so many first hand interviews with classic gaming luminaries that the show will be able to feature one each month for as far quite some time to come. We will still have all the bits we have now but you can count on regular interviews with the game and system designers of the retro era, which for us is a whole new level of show!

Oh, and with our new gear we have access to phone interviews that can bring in a new array of interviews in the future as well, so between that and CGE we are now with a regular access to new interviews.

Leathco
23-08-10, 11:16
Ah ok cool. What kind of tech are you using to record from the phone? Is there like a certain phone you can buy that has line-out? Always wondered how to do that.

Glad to see some new interviews coming. I learned quite a bit from the guy who worked on the touchmasters, a local bar I go to every so often has one. They also have a Pirates of the Cara-whatever pinball table that hasn't worked in 3 years that I keep pestering the owner to sell to me, hehe. He prolly never will, its not working and he wanted 2 grand for it. Good luck with that.

SubaruBrat
23-08-10, 11:22
Part of the HWFB discusses the gear we added to do that so you can find out very soon.

Chris
24-08-10, 02:56
Can't wait to hear the interviews guys. MAJOR props to you guys for putting a show out every month even though there are 3 of you and one of you is all the way in the UK! That's quite an achievement, at first I was skeptical that it could be done every month, but you guys are doing it and at 5-6 hours per show to boot. *We're not worthy*

SubaruBrat
24-08-10, 03:08
And.. I promise the almost year old announcement of live call in is moving forward. I am really looking forward to doing this. And there were a few folks who expressed interest in going on early, I am sorry but those PMs are whacked. If you are one of them please PM me again and I will put you at the top of the list.

meu2
24-08-10, 11:34
Does this mean the show will be longer or are other segments going to be cut back in length?

Can't wait to hear the interviews guys. MAJOR props to you guys for putting a show out every month even though there are 3 of you and one of you is all the way in the UK! That's quite an achievement, at first I was skeptical that it could be done every month, but you guys are doing it and at 5-6 hours per show to boot. *We're not worthy*

Iíll second that. I donít know how you guys manage to keep the show on a regular schedule when you have such large time differences to contend with. :CLP

miner2049er
24-08-10, 11:51
The show is long enough LOL. It won't get shorter but that is not a concious thing anyway, once all the parts for the month are put together, that's how long the show is.

We've started to cycle some of the segments like Atar-Rewind and It Came From MAME so it doesn't grow too big as we would have to sacrifice audio quality for file size, but there is still a ton of content and the other segments won't shrink, they will just rotate month to month.

meu2
25-08-10, 08:54
That’s a good point. The file size of the show is pretty large, which I imagine doesn’t help with the hosting bills.

TheAlien
05-09-10, 05:34
Yes, believe it or not, I'm excited!