PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sale Haul... Handlelds!

wavemotion
12-06-10, 07:05
Not my best haul, but not my worst. But three nice things are the Defender and two Mattel handhelds all boxed. The hockey box is a bit beat, but the others are in great shape. Even better, the guy stored the batteries outside the units - no corrosion!

-Dave

GameGavel
12-06-10, 09:22
Wow! Great haul. Love the boxed Entex Defender.

retroshaun
14-06-10, 05:03
Beautiful! I never find *anything* gaming related at yard sales here in NorCal - all we end up getting are books and stuffed animals for the kids!
I have a Defender tabletop too which has never worked since I got it about 10 years ago. Really must get that thing opened up at some point!

wavemotion
14-06-10, 05:06
Beautiful! I never find *anything* gaming related at yard sales here in NorCal - all we end up getting are books and stuffed animals for the kids!
I have a Defender tabletop too which has never worked since I got it about 10 years ago. Really must get that thing opened up at some point!
I've been fortunate but it's about 20 yard sales for every "find". Fortunately my wife loves to go every Saturday so we make a morning of it... 8AM until about noon when we get hungry and have lunch. This past weekend we hit about 45 yard sales to find that haul. Some weeks the finds are better. Some worse.

But it's fun hunting!

-Dave

retroshaun
14-06-10, 09:27
That may explain it - I usually give up after 3! Then again my wife is at work on a Saturday and I have our 2 small kids who a) have a low boredom threshold and b) the uncanny ability to spend extortionate amounts of money at 20-50c a go!