PDA

View Full Version : RoundUp 18 - Rings Around Uranus

miner2049er
19-04-10, 11:52
A classic title from SoCal, now go and grab it people (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2010/roundup018_2010.04.htm)!

Interview With Vince Dickinson Pt2 - (00:00)
iPhone Pinball Games - (52:48)
Guinness Gaming Records - (82:45)
Mike'd Up - (84:00)
Top Ten SEGA Master System Games - (105:39)
Review Of Data East Arcade Classics - (201:11)
The British Hour - (209:38)
Pinball Fever Part 3 - (218:08)
Gaming Trivia - (252:50)
News And Mailbag - (253:31)
URLS And Emails - (340:26)

Oh, and don't forget the Donate button (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/donate.htm).

Leathco
20-04-10, 01:01
Notes on news stuff:

My name can be pronounced either way. I normally say the e as in the word left, but other family members use a long e instead.

I was curious about the fami guitar too, my concerns were just if the plastics would be strong enough to hold the tension on the strings. But I dunno, I'm a drummer but not a guitar player so I'm not sure what the requirements are in guitar construction.

Rot the neo geo collector is pure awesome. There's a pic of him totally naked with neogeo carts covering the noddy bits if ya want me to post it lol.

I post here, at playthenes, and sega-16, and don't remember where I found the nes dark side of the moon. I don't think that other submitted lives with me unless my wife is hiding something from me.

RedWolfJC
20-04-10, 04:26
I post here, at playthenes, and sega-16, and don't remember where I found the nes dark side of the moon. I don't think that other submitted lives with me unless my wife is hiding something from me.

I submitted the DSOTM link too, and I would guess the only thing that Chris and I share is a first name, not residences (or wives for that matter :D) I had to skip ahead to hear that part when I read this post...
I can't remember where I came across that link either, probably on the KLOV forums.

BydoEmpire73
26-04-10, 03:18
Just finished the episode. I loved the "US Mike" segment at the end, hilarious and totally caught me by surprise. Great job with the accent, UK.

RedWolfJC
26-04-10, 11:56
Just got done with it (finally ;) ) in the news segment, about the Asteroids WR, he broke the record by a few points, and then stopped playing.
At one point toward the end of the attempt, he did get down to just a few ships, and kept dying... it got reeeeeally quiet there, but he snapped out of it, and I think had about 8 ships in reserve when the record was broke.
The actual record apparently was higher than initially reported, the record now sits at 41,838,740. Apparently there were a few times the score rolled over that did not get counted by the people who were keeping track...

Anyway great show as always guys.

Dhalamar
27-04-10, 04:38
Just got done with it (finally ;) ) in the news segment, about the Asteroids WR, he broke the record by a few points, and then stopped playing.
At one point toward the end of the attempt, he did get down to just a few ships, and kept dying... it got reeeeeally quiet there, but he snapped out of it, and I think had about 8 ships in reserve when the record was broke.
The actual record apparently was higher than initially reported, the record now sits at 41,838,740. Apparently there were a few times the score rolled over that did not get counted by the people who were keeping track...

I was watching on JustinTV when he finally broke that record, watched through while they filmed the inside of the cabinet all the way till they cut off the live feed. Was really friggin' cool to actually SEE something like that happen live. :)

miner2049er
27-04-10, 09:16
Just finished the episode. I loved the "US Mike" segment at the end, hilarious and totally caught me by surprise. Great job with the accent, UK.

Why thank y'all ;)

Thanks for the extra info.

Spyridon
07-05-10, 12:17
Just finished the latest. Really enjoy listening to these! Nice work guys.

Leathco
07-05-10, 06:55
You all like Neo Geo man? Mwa ha ha ha!

I've been loving the top ten segments. Making for great discussion between the crew. Very cool interview segment too, and was nice for Scott to take over a segment of iPhone gaming to get a new perspective.

By the way, have you tried The Deep, Wild West, and Jungle Style pinball? They all have stereoscopic mode, which looks pretty cool. Those three games are my favorites for iPhone pinball. I don't think they put too much on the board, maybe a hair bit too much eye candy in Jungle Style, but all the games are quite good. And they are only a buck apiece. All have decent physics and flipper controls I think (I'm not the pinball pro you are, but I think they aren't broken, so it passes for me!) I'd love to hear your thoughts on them, especially the stereoscopic modes (gotta be activated in the iPhone settings menu, its not in a game menu)

GameGavel
07-05-10, 09:34
The Deep is probably my fav Iphone pinball. Wild West is a close second. Haven't played Jungle yet.