PDA

View Full Version : DS - DSi question.

oldgames
14-04-10, 06:06
I just bought a Game Boy Advance game, Gauntlet and Rampart, from a Game Gavel seller. I just bought it tonight, so obviously I don't have it yet. I noticed in the picture that the box had a sticker that said 'Plays on Nintendo DS or DS lite'.

My DSi doesn't have a cartridge port for the GBA games. Did the original DS and DS lite have one, or did the games that are marked this way come with both cartridges?

(Or am I a dummy and just can't see how it would work in my DSi......)

LOL

Dhalamar
14-04-10, 07:59
I just bought a Game Boy Advance game, Gauntlet and Rampart, from a Game Gavel seller. I just bought it tonight, so obviously I don't have it yet. I noticed in the picture that the box had a sticker that said 'Plays on Nintendo DS or DS lite'.

My DSi doesn't have a cartridge port for the GBA games. Did the original DS and DS lite have one, or did the games that are marked this way come with both cartridges?

(Or am I a dummy and just can't see how it would work in my DSi......)

LOL

Sorry, it won't work with the DSi. heh

And neither will the Guitar Hero games if you're ever thinking of that.

oldgames
14-04-10, 02:03
So, I take it that the DS and DS lite had 2 cartridge ports, one for the DS cartridges and one for GBA cartridges. Is this right?

Dhalamar
14-04-10, 02:15
So, I take it that the DS and DS lite had 2 cartridge ports, one for the DS cartridges and one for GBA cartridges. Is this right?

Yep. That's only PART of my reasoning on not wasting my money on a DSi or a DS XXXXXLLLLLL or whatever the hell they're calling it now.