PDA

View Full Version : Good Old Games

Dhalamar
09-04-10, 12:56
Does anyone here have an account over at Good Old Games (http://www.gog.com)? And if you do, what games do you have on there? And if you don't have an account on there, what's the reasoning behind it?

Here's a list of what I've got.

Beneath a Steel Sky (free)
Teen Agent (another free one)
Lure of the Temptress (yet another free one. And I think that's the last freebie they've got.)
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
Rise of the Triad : Dark War
Duke Nukem 3D
Descent 1 & 2
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project : Total Mutant Mayhem
MDK
Tex Murphy Martian Memorandum & Mean Streets (was free in or around that whole Black Friday thing.)
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Phantasmagoria

miner2049er
09-04-10, 04:57
I bought Phantasmagoria recently but haven't played it yet.

Beneath A Steel Sky is great and Lure Of The Temptress too.

Dhalamar
11-04-10, 05:58
I bought Phantasmagoria recently but haven't played it yet.

Beneath A Steel Sky is great and Lure Of The Temptress too.

Yeah, and the fact that Beneath a Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress are free doesn't hurt either.

They also have Myst and RealMyst ... which, they're both the exact same game. But RealMyst uses a full out 3D engine for the game rather than the still images. Ramps up the system requirements quite a bit (for the time) but DEFINITELY raises the immersion level for it. It's one of those deals "it plays like you remember the game" because the original Myst I remember going through these gorgeous environments doing this and that ... but playing it now unless it's on a low spec machine is pretty painful. RealMyst with that fully realized 3D engine makes the game feel a lot better being able to pretty much go anywhere.

That, and they have deals going all the time. Like until Monday right now you can get Sacred Gold, Septerra Core : Legacy of the Creator, Spellforce : Platinum and Stonekeep for a little over 15 US dollars with their half off sale going. Or you can get them individually at half off ... I'm still debating about Stonekeep for 3 fuckin' dollars. :P

And the games (most of the time) come with all KINDS of extra shit like a full scan of the manual, soundtracks, wallpapers, even fuckin' ringtones. It was awesome to snag Rise of the Triad (great game if you haven't played it) and get the soundtrack with it.

The only fault I have with the service is that there are shareware versions of a lot of these games (like Rise of the Triad) ... I wish they would put up shareware versions of the games to try them out with the same care they put into the full games.

Still ... great site. I love it, and even though Steam has better deals sometimes (like with the Unreal games) ... I can't say a damn thing bad about them.

DragoonMog
31-07-11, 05:55
I love GOG! They are always adding cool stuff and have good sales. They just started added EA stuff, like Ultima and Wing Commander.

I just picked up a couple of Logitech Wingman Extremem joysticks from Goodwill and been playing some FreeSpace which I got from GOG. FreeSpace 2 has some cool mods out there.

Here is my list of purchases:

Indepence War
Dream Pinball
Shattered Steal
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
FreeSpace
FreeSpace 2
Earthworm Jim 1&2
The Witcher
Pinball Gold Pack
Total Annihilation
Septerra Core

Burgertime
31-07-11, 08:01
I just haven't done that much PC gaming, so I don't have an account on there yet. But I do have an account on Steam. Glad to see you remember Rise of the Triad. That's one game I wish they'd bring back to this console generation, and probably the one that's going to get me to join GOG.
Originally got Steam so I could play Heretic and Hexen. More games I want to come back.

kynrek
30-08-11, 04:57
I have to agree GOG.com rocks, I have made lots of purhcases and will continue to do so because they have quality releases that are DRM free and good prices!

DragoonMog
30-08-11, 09:37
They have continued adding more EA owned games recently. Dungeon Keeper 2, Ultima 1+2+3 Set, and Wing Commander 1+2 Set are the most recent notable additions, and only 5.99 a piece. Good stuff.

Dhalamar
09-09-11, 05:38
My GoG collection :

Rise of the Triad
Painkiller Black Edition
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
MDK
One Unit Whole Blood
Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project : Total Mutant Mayhem
MegaRace 1 & 2
MegaRace 3
Phantasmagoria
Raptor : Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition
Unreal Tournament 2004
Another World 15th Anniversary Edition
Descent 1 & 2
Teen Agent
Lure of the Temptress
Tex Murphy Martian Memorandum & Mean Streets
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Blake Stone : Aliens of Gold
Blake Stone : Planet Strike
Beneath a Steel Sky
Ultima IV : Quest of the Avatar
Dragonsphere
Pinball Gold Pack
Tyrian 2000
Jagged Alliance : Deadly Games

And just for the hell of it, here's a list of the games I own through OnLive
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Duke Nukem Forever
Mafia 2
DiRT 2
World of Goo
Batman Arkham Asylum
Trine
NBA 2k11
Braid
Dark Void

And Steam ... I'm not going to sit here and type out 255 games.

Dhalamar
14-10-11, 03:21
The entire Atari collection on the site is %50 off. Or any game without a * is $2.99 because I'm lazy.

Alone in the Dark 1+2+3
Alone in the Dark : The New Nightmare
B-17 Flying Fortress : The Mighty 8th
Blood (One Whole Unit of Blood)
Blood 2 : The Chosen + Expansion
Desperadoes - Wanted : Dead or Alive
Independence War 2 : Edge of Chaos
Independence War Deluxe
Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
Master of Magic
Master of Orion 1+2
*Master of Orion 3
Outcast
*Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 : Triple Thrill Pack
Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe
Star Control 1+2
Star Control 3
Total Annihilation : Commander Pack
Total Annihilation : Kingdoms + Expansion
*The Witcher : Enhanced Edition

wongojack
14-10-11, 05:54
You mentioned OnLive in another thread, so I'll add that The Witcher is now part of the Onlive playpack

DragoonMog
15-10-11, 12:14
Yeah this is a cool sale. Already have a few of these. I think I will be getting Master of Magic and the Alone in the Dark set. Maybe Outcast and Blood, too. Star Control looks cool, too. Oh crap I always buy so much from these sales and never get around to playing them.

Dhalamar
15-10-11, 12:19
I'm kinda eyein' Alone in the Dark, myself. :)

DragoonMog
23-02-12, 10:37
D&D games Buy 1 Get 1 right now and if you get any of them you get Temple of Elemental for free. I got both Icewind Dale games and Temple for $10.

DragoonMog
13-04-12, 11:45
They are doing a sale on Interplay games again. I got Stone Keep from the sale, and the Legend of Grimrock which was released this week.

indieseoul
14-04-12, 01:14
Another 50 percent off sale. I just got Giants: Citizen Kabuto. From the post Half-Life golden age before Fps games became duplicates of themselves. It has that British sensibility that UK Mike seems to enjoy. Get it now for 3 bucks!

Tepic
06-05-12, 10:43
I love gog.com :)

ARCANUM: OF STEAMWORKS AND MAGICK OBSCURA

ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT

BENEATH A STEEL SKY

CANNON FODDER

CREATURES EXODUS

CREATURES: THE ALBIAN YEARS

CREATURES VILLAGE

DRAGONSPHERE

DUNGEON KEEPER™

DUNGEON KEEPER™ 2

EMPIRE EARTH: GOLD EDITION

FALLOUT

FALLOUT 2

FREESPACE 2

HOSTILE WATERS: ANTAEUS RISING

JAGGED ALLIANCE: DEADLY GAMES

LEGEND OF GRIMROCK

LOCOMOTION, CHRIS SAWYER'S

LURE OF THE TEMPTRESS

MASTER OF MAGIC

MASTER OF ORION 1+2

MIGHT AND MAGIC® 6-PACK: LIMITED EDITION

PATRICIAN 1+2

POPULOUS™

PORT ROYALE

RED BARON PACK

STONEKEEP

STRONGHOLD

STRONGHOLD CRUSADER

TEENAGENT

TEX MURPHY 1+2

THEME HOSPITAL

TOTAL ANNIHILATION: COMMANDER PACK

TREASURE ADVENTURE GAME

TROPICO RELOADED

TYRIAN 2000

ULTIMA™ 4: QUEST OF THE AVATAR

ULTIMA® UNDERWORLD 1+2

WING COMMANDER™ 1+2

WING COMMANDER™ 3 HEART OF THE TIGER™

WING COMMANDER™ 4: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM

WING COMMANDER ®: PRIVATEER ™

miner2049er
07-05-12, 05:21
With console game prices being so crazy (imo) places like Steam and GOG are a great way to pick up some cheap but good games.

Dhalamar
09-05-12, 08:45
I haven't had a modern console for a fair bit until yesterday (finally got another PS3) ... doesn't really bother me that much since PC gaming has always kinda been my default choice.

I am, however, going to use the console for what few games I can't run on my computer though. Still gotta find what I did with Killzone 3. -_-

Post number 1,000. ph33r.

DragoonMog
09-05-12, 02:33
I got "Lands of Lore 1&2", "Nox", and the original "Syndicate" recently. Looking at "Indigo Prophecy" after seeing that new tech demo (Kara) by the developers (Quantic Dream) of that game (they also did Heavy Rain).

Dhalamar
09-05-12, 03:06
I played quite a bit of Indigo Prophecy on the Xbox... the graphics aren't all that great (even for the time) but it was half decent. You could definitely see where they were going with it.

But a word of warning for the PC version, it's a BITCH to play with the keyboard. You definitely want a dual analog controller that works with the game. And the US version of it is somewhat censored, so bear that in mind if you get it outside of gog on a console or somethin.

DragoonMog
09-05-12, 03:39
Thanks for the info.

I have a wired 360 controller and some wii classic controllers with an adaptor that I use for PC games and emulators. And Joy2Key is a great mapping program.

Is there a European version of Indigo Prophecy in English that is unedited?
Edit: Think I answered my own question. The GoG version is Ferinhiet: Indigo Prophecy which is the international version right?

Dhalamar
13-05-12, 05:14
Thanks for the info.

I have a wired 360 controller and some wii classic controllers with an adaptor that I use for PC games and emulators. And Joy2Key is a great mapping program.

Is there a European version of Indigo Prophecy in English that is unedited?
Edit: Think I answered my own question. The GoG version is Ferinhiet: Indigo Prophecy which is the international version right?

Yeah, "Fahrenheit" is the one that's unedited. So you should be able to see awkward polygonal nipples and whatnot. lol

DragoonMog
20-06-12, 03:47
GOG's doing a Battle of the Games promo and Fahrenheit was the first winner 60% off only $2.39. They are voting on Serious Sam 2 or Postal 2 for tomorrow.

Also, Worlds of Ultima 1&2 are free right now!

BydoEmpire73
20-09-12, 07:43
Finally got an old, cheap laptop to play some PC games again and man, if I had more free time I'd clear out gog.com. I did break down and buy Ultima 1+2+3 and Temple of Elemental Evil to get my RPG fix (plus free Ultima IV and Savage Empire - which I played back in the day but never finished). Considering I have about 15 minutes of free time a day it's going to take quite a while to get through these... such a great site.

DragoonMog
21-09-12, 07:55
I played through Ultima 1-3 recently. They are great Retro RPGS. The GoG version of the first one is a slightly enhance version of the original. The Second and Third games are in their original four color glory. They have fan patches for the games that improve the graphics and adds music if you prefer that. Here are some links:
Patch Site http://exodus.voyd.net/projects.html
Patching program that helps http://www.pixsoriginadventures.co.uk/ultima-patcher-1-2/
Wiki For UII Patch http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Ultima_II_Upgrade_Patch
Wiki for UIII Patch http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Ultima_III_Upgrade_Patch

BydoEmpire73
21-09-12, 08:00
Cool, thanks for the info!

Just started Temple of Elemental Evil last night. Stayed up much later than I expected... I need to retire already so I can get through these games!

chalksalad
10-11-12, 11:54
So GOG is having a 50% sale on the entire Interplay catalog. Leaving aside the obvious Fallout 1+2, any suggestions that will get me off the PSP and back to PC gaming are welcome.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/interplay_price_change_promo_09_11_12

Vipp
26-11-12, 05:48
GOG have been selling a selection of games 5 for $10 - im not sure how much longer the sale is on but the choices are quite good. I picked up these titles for a bargain $10 (Around £6.30p)

Unmechanical
Machinarium: Collector's Edition
The Ball
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Mutant Mudds

I think the sale lasts for another 12 hours.