PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Bay Area

retroshaun
19-03-10, 04:43
Hi everyone!
I'm a British guy transplanted to the US through work. I have moved around a fair bit and "settled" in the bay Area for the past 4 years working for Lucasfilm in games and, currently, movie development. I have been developing games since the mid 90s, starting on the original Playstation.

I collect arcade cabs (classic era - 70s through mid 80s) and any and all home computers and consoles up to the end of the 80s. I'm a regular California Extreme and Classic Gaming Expo attendee and looking forward to this years shows. Been listening to Retro Gaming Roundup since its inception and also Retro Gaming Radio since the first episode.

Emulation wise I started my obsession way back with Sparcade (anyone remember that?) and never really got out of it. I have been gaming since the mid 70s, my first home machine being a "Pong" clone (who didn't have one back in the day?) and I seem to recall my first arcade experience being Space Invaders.

Oh, yes - I regularly contribute to the news section of the show too :)

Cheers!

SubaruBrat
19-03-10, 05:04
Cool Shaun, great to have you, if we can just find an American in the UK we will have the whole set. Sounds like you have a facinating job, have you seen UKMike's cinematic masterpiece: Sinistar Goings On ?

Gordon Bennett
20-03-10, 01:27
You do have the whole set. I was born in Philadelphia.

retroshaun
22-03-10, 04:48
Cool Shaun, great to have you, if we can just find an American in the UK we will have the whole set. Sounds like you have a facinating job, have you seen UKMike's cinematic masterpiece: Sinistar Goings On ?

No I haven't! And where would one obtain this video marvel? :)

Edwards80
22-03-10, 04:55
http://retrogamingroundup.com/videos.htm

Initially you might feel uncomfortable watching UK Mike in bed, but you soon get over it :)