PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on recent/upcoming games

wolverine19
17-03-10, 10:37
Looking forward to red dead redemption next month....but I gotta say heavy rain was OK at best especially since the ending was spoiled thru some xbox fanboys'....I have no desire to replay it, oh well. Oblivion continues to be my favorite, along with demon's souls.

GameGavel
17-03-10, 10:54
I have been tempted to pick up Heavy Rain for the PS3 but haven't yet. I will probably wait till the first price drop or see if someone has it for sale on GG.

wolverine19
18-03-10, 03:21
I may post it soon, I'll let you know.

GivenTheOkieDoke
18-03-10, 04:52
Yup im the same with Heavy Rain, I enjoyed the demo, but for what the game seems to be $60 may be steep. Red Dead Redemption is a day 1 buy for me. Im a bit of a rockstar junkie. Other than that Dead Nation for the PSN says out Q1 2010 that should be fun, Grand Turismo 5 although it seems thats never coming out, mabey Mod Nation Racer as well. Also a week or so ago they announced Socom 4 for this fall so im pretty excited for that.

chalksalad
17-01-11, 12:12
Time to revive this thread.

Anyone picking up LBP2 / Mass Effect2 on day 1? Usually I wait because I don't like paying full price for games and also have a huge backlog (Fallout 3, Arkham Asylum, Borderlands) but these two titles sure make me reach for that credit card.

Duke.Togo
18-01-11, 02:04
ME2 is a must play IMHO if you only have a PS3. Definately worth the money, loved them both on 360. I have no love for LBP, so no interest in the sequal. Not a bad series, just not my thing.

If you haven't played Fallout 3, dig into that while you wait for a ME2 price drop. It is great and if you end up liking it, I would highly recommend Fallout: New Vegas.

Last year had so many hits, I am going to be playing 2010 for a long time at cheap prices. Still want to get Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Fable 3. I still have Borderlands sitting on my shelf for when I am finished with Fallout: NV.

The only thing that I am excited about in the near future is No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise on PS3. 3DS looks cool, but I will wait for an XL version.

chalksalad
18-01-11, 11:42
If you haven't played Fallout 3, dig into that while you wait for a ME2 price drop. It is great and if you end up liking it, I would highly recommend Fallout: New Vegas.
I'm allready 20 hours in Fallout 3 and I absolutely love it. I find the Action / RPG elements perfectly balanced for us older gamers with slower reflexes :), the story is great and the complexity of the game really shows what current generation processing power is all about.
My only problem is that it's so bleak that it really brings me down. I mean talk about immersion! There are times that I want to die and get it over with!

Duke.Togo
18-01-11, 12:06
I'm allready 20 hours in Fallout 3 and I absolutely love it. I find the Action / RPG elements perfectly balanced for us older gamers with slower reflexes :), the story is great and the complexity of the game really shows what current generation processing power is all about.
My only problem is that it's so bleak that it really brings me down. I mean talk about immersion! There are times that I want to die and get it over with!

Agreed, great game with great atmosphere. You won't be feeling down in the dumps once you get the Fat Man and can launch some Mni Nukes at the baddies :D

As I said before, check out New Vegas when the price is right for you. More fantastic gameplay.

JoshWright
18-01-11, 03:49
Hey, here is a link to a website what tracks upcoming release dates for all systems. Personally, I'm looking forward to stuff a little later in the year, like elder scrolls 5, diablo 3, marvel vs capcom 3, and Red Faction Armageddon.

Here's your link (http://www.vgreleases.com/)