PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Madness on Steam going right now till either Thurs or Fri. Gridrunner Revo $2

Dhalamar
03-03-10, 02:45
It's an indie game collection with :

Altitude
Bob Came in Pieces
Bullet Candy
Galcon Fusion
Gridrunner Revolution
Space Giraffe
Super Laser Racer

I bought it earlier (you can either get them for $2 apiece during the sale or $9.99 for the whole lot) and the pack is damned well worth it for Gridrunner Revolution alone, especially since it comes with the old Commodore Vic-20 version ... though I think it's just a remake rather than emulation. But still, it's amazing to see how that game has evolved since then while staying basically the same.

Bullet Candy is also pretty cool if you like Geometry Wars style shooters, though you can buy "Bullet Candy Perfect" directly from the developer for a "pay what you want" style (with a minimum of $1) here : http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=203. I don't know the difference between the two games, but yeah. Really cool guy too, quick to respond to emails and he even hooked me up with an older version that runs well on my netbook.

I played a little bit of Super Laser Racer, and from what very very little I played, it's an overhead vector graphics style racer that has some things in common with a game like Wipeout or Super Mario Kart.

The others I haven't had a chance to play yet.

But if you get any of them, Gridrunner Revolution is definitely the highlight of the bunch. Bloody amazing game.