PDA

View Full Version : "Taco Bell offering Atari classics."

Dhalamar
03-03-10, 01:21
Basically, if you buy a kids meal you get a PC/Mac arcade port of either Asteroids, Lunar Lander, Centipede or Super Breakout.

Of course, when I called MY local Taco Bell they aren't a part of it, and I have no idea how long it's going/if it's already over or whatever. But hey, it can't hurt to call.

Here's the original article : http://www.destructoid.com/run-for-the-8-bit-border-taco-bell-offering-atari-classics-165561.phtml

GameGavel
05-03-10, 04:37
The boxes are sweet! Def picking up a set this weekend.

GameGavel
05-03-10, 07:54
I picked 3-sets of these up tonight. One to open, one to keep sealed and one to send to UK Mike :)

Check the vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakUI-WwqEE

miner2049er
05-03-10, 10:34
I picked 3-sets of these up tonight. One to open, one to keep sealed and one to send to UK Mike :)

I await them with baited breath. ;)

RedWolfJC
05-03-10, 07:19
Will be stopping on the way home at the local Taco Bell to see if they are participating...

Duke.Togo
05-03-10, 10:55
Picked up my set today. Cheap fun!

Dhalamar
06-03-10, 06:30
Does someone wanna buy them for me and send 'em my way? Damn place isn't doing the deal. *sniff*

I was gonna go in and buy 2 of each. One to just keep, and the other to play. :P

GameGavel
06-03-10, 06:33
Does someone wanna buy them for me and send 'em my way? Damn place isn't doing the deal. *sniff*

I was gonna go in and buy 2 of each. One to just keep, and the other to play. :P

I'll get you a set this weekend.

RedWolfJC
06-03-10, 05:06
Damn, I went into TB yesterday and I swear they looked at me as if I was on crack...
There's another one not too far away, I'm going to check there too...

Dhalamar
07-03-10, 05:17
I just called my "other" local, yet slightly further away Taco Bell and they aren't participating either. :(

So, SoCal, if you can get them for me that'd kick ass. :)

Can someone possibly make a torrent of the CD images or somethin? Or would that be a little too close to piracy. heh

GameGavel
07-03-10, 05:20
I just called my "other" local, yet slightly further away Taco Bell and they aren't participating either. :(

So, SoCal, if you can get them for me that'd kick ass. :)

Can someone possibly make a torrent of the CD images or somethin? Or would that be a little too close to piracy. heh

I will get them tomorrow :)

Chris
07-03-10, 09:27
Dammit, I went to the KFC/Taco Bell combo store here....the old man behind the register knew nothing of this promotion!!! AHHHHHHHHHH....I hate when I go out on hunts for stuff like this and noone knows what i'm talking about. He said they don't put anything in the kids meals. Either it's just a "participating locations" deal or I just got a glimpse at why a man that old is working the register at Taco Bell.

GameGavel
08-03-10, 01:11
It's strange. I went back to the same TB I hit Friday night and got them and noone working this morning had a clue. Went into the back and couldn't find anything.

I know Curt (the guy who made them for Atari) said he didn't think the promotion was to start until April so was surprised people were finding them. So maybe they are remaining silent about them until April.

nathanallan
08-03-10, 02:08
Ask for the kids' toys, then they'll know what you are talkign about (maybe).

Chris
08-03-10, 02:57
Yeah that was another thing, they said they don't give any kids toys....geez.

Duke.Togo
08-03-10, 03:13
The store I bought mine from had a big poster up about it as the kids meal toy, so the marketing is definately out there for it.

omega_supreme
08-03-10, 04:59
Went to the Pizza Bell Taco Hut down the street from where I work yesterday and they had no clue what I was asking them about. I'll definitely check back in with them in a couple of weeks since it's not remotely close to April just yet.

Troglodyte
08-03-10, 11:29
I went to one of the local Taco Bells in my area... and I was surprised they had them.
The girl at the cash register looked at me weird when I asked about them though;
she had to step away and go talk to the manager / assistant manager,
& the manager told me that I was the first person to inquire about them.

I decided to order one set this time, and I'll be back later in
about a week or two, to order another set; which I won't open.

Thanks for sharing that this promotional deal even existed.
There were no commercials for it in my area,
and I wouldn't have known otherwise.

oldgames
09-03-10, 06:06
I picked up a set at my TB today. They had the sign up and everything. I think this might have been the first day they had them because the counter person said they didn't think they were in yet, but the manager went back and brought out a fresh case and opened it.

The sign said they came with a kid's meal or could be purchased seperately. They only cost 99 cents each. Can't wait to try them out.

I think I'll try to pick up a couple more sets in case someone wants them and can't get them at their TB. I'll post here if I can get a couple more sets.

Dave

JestersChef83
09-03-10, 10:15
Picked up my set today! :E::T:

Surprisingly, they had them at the TB I go to for lunch sometimes near work...random suburb of Minneapolis. Poster was up advertising them as kids toys or sold individually.

I can pick up a couple extra sets if people want them...

Flare
10-03-10, 03:13
Well, I picked up the 4 discs last night. Funny thing is, my wife and I were hungry and decided to buy 4 kids meals (two bean burrito, two 2-tacos), naturally we trashed those disgusting cinnamon sticks.

I didn't even need to ask the lady to give the four different, she figured it out on her own... :)

Flare
10-03-10, 03:15
I don't think I even want to open them.... they're closed in a way that if I open it, the cardboard will rip apart.

Maybe I should just get another set and open those :)

Dhalamar
10-03-10, 03:19
I'm so pissed that I haven't played those yet. Anyone feel like torrenting some isos of them? :D

I'm still gonna call the two local ones that are kinda/sorta near me about once a week till they goddamn have them.

GameGavel
10-03-10, 04:21
I'm so pissed that I haven't played those yet. Anyone feel like torrenting some isos of them? :D

I'm still gonna call the two local ones that are kinda/sorta near me about once a week till they goddamn have them.

Hey, PM me your address and I will send you a set.